Chapter 14: Subtle Hints

As Whitney rode her bus to the next stop, she had an idea. They were going to be in Florida and wondered if she could sneak away one day and visit Joseph on set.

"Hey Stace, would it be possible to take a day and go visit Joseph after the Florida show?"

Stacey looked up from her phone as she was working on setting up interviews for the new album. "We can definitely try, but you are really busy the next few weeks, especially since your music video is dropping at CMT next week." Whitney nodded her head and went back to scrolling her phone.

You knew it wouldn't be easy Whit. Just breathe, he has the same feelings you do...I think?

Liked by Taylorswift, josephquinn, kelseaballerini and 2,576,575 othersWhitD12: BTS of my video for While You're at It which drops next week!!Special guest included 👀User1: Oh shit!!!Sadie_sink: 😍User2: Um, did anyone notice who liked her photo?!?

WhitD12: BTS of my video for While You're at It which drops next week!!
Special guest included 👀
User1: Oh shit!!!
Sadie_sink: 😍
User2: Um, did anyone notice who liked her photo?!?

Joseph was standing with the cast as they had a break in between filming.

"Hey Joseph, do we get to see this music video before everyone else does?" Joe Keery asked with a laugh showing off Whitney's Instagram post.

"Hell mate, I haven't even seen it yet. All I know is what we filmed."

"Must have been a hell of something if you got a girlfriend out of it," Charlie piped in.

"Fuck off," Joseph answered with a smile. He pulled out his phone and texted her.

Joseph: You're over here getting me in trouble LOL

Whitney: How did I do that? 🤷‍♀️

Joseph: Apparently the entire cast follows you now and saw your post about the music video. Now they want to know why they can't see it first😂

Whitney: That's hilarious! To be honest I don't even get to see the final until right before the premiere. From what I've seen though, it came out perfect

Joseph: Good because they said I must have done something right to come out of it with a girlfriend

Whitney: Is that how that happened? 😁

Joseph: Smartass

Whitney: But I guess I'm your smartass

Joseph: Yes you are princess. I have to get back to filming, but I'll talk to you tonight.

Whitney: Good luck ❤

Joseph: ❤

Whitney, who was sitting backstage before rehearsals in Florida, almost dropped her phone. She saw that Joseph had replied with a heart. She wanted to believe it meant what she thought it did, but she also didn't want to get her hopes up in case Joseph didn't quite feel the same way she did. Girl, pull yourself together.

Stacey came walking up to her. "So, who's the best person there is?"

"Oh god, what did you do now?" Whitney asked.

"Well, I got you a few days off after promoting the music video to go to Atlanta to see Joseph."

"OMG, you are literally the best!" Whitney replied.

Later that night, Whitney was on her bus lying in bed. Sometimes she preferred her bus to a hotel, but it also worked out better sometimes, especially when she had surprise visitors. She pulled up her conversation with Joseph.

Whitney: Guess what?!?!

Joseph: Idk you tell me 🤷‍♂️

Whitney: I get some time off after the music video release next week. I know you're crazy busy with your shooting schedule, but if you have an hour, I'd like to see my boyfriend

Joseph: That's amazing! You know I'd make time for you no matter how long it is. Also, boyfriend huh?

Whitney: You're exhausting

Joseph: Well I guess I'm your problem now princess

Whitney: I guess so 😘