Chapter 2: Ready, Set, Would you?

"So Joseph, are you a country music fan now?" Joe Keery asked.

"Why would you say that?"

"The way you looked at her dude. I'm surprised you didn't ask for her number then and there."

"You know I'm not like that," Joseph replied.

"Well we were all around. Maybe you can talk to her tomorrow? She seems to be a fan of yours," Natalia added.

"Maybe." Joseph replied. There was something about her coming to the set that made him nervous, but maybe it was because his friends were right, he did think she was gorgeous.

The next morning, Whitney and Stacey got to the Stranger Things set in the late morning. By then they were well into filming and everyone was in costume.

"Whitney!" She heard Sadie say.

"Hi!" She answered, hugging her. "This is crazy. I mean I've watched the show, but seeing it in person is something else."

"The finished product is even better," Sadie joked.

Meanwhile across the set, Joseph, Natalia, joe and maya were huddled in a group going over the scene. They heard Sadie say something and it made them all turn their heads.

"There's your girl," Joe joked, elbowing Joseph. He looked over at her and realized she was just as stunning in the daylight than on stage. She had on denim shorts and a white bodysuit with converse. She seemed so normal and not like all the over the top pop stars. He noticed they were walking their way.

"Everyone, you remember Whitney and her assistant Stacey," Sadie said.

"Best friend Stacey," Stacey added. Whitney nudged her friend.

"All right everyone, get staged," the director yelled. Stacey and Whitney stood back as everyone got into their positions in a trailer.

Whitney stared at Joseph. She had loved him in season 4, but now being here for filming of the final season was unreal and seeing him in person and knowing he was back in season 5 before everyone else is, was amazing.

"Girl, I think you have some drool there," Stacey said with a laugh, knowing her best friend had to be in love with Joseph Quinn. "Are you going to ask him?"

"Ask him what?" Whitney asked.

"You know, to be the love interest in your music video. You were pretty adamant about it the other night."

"I literally just met him."

"But you're already drooling over him. Girl please, I'm your best friend, I know these things."

"Fine, if the moment presents itself I will."

"That's my girl."

They filmed for a few more sequences before they took a break. Joseph went over to grab some water as Stacey saw her friend's opportunity and practically pushed her his direction.

"Great job Joseph," Whitney said, walking up next to him.

"Thank you," he replied with a smile, his British accent coming back.

"Um so listen, I know this sounds straightforward and maybe crazy, but I'm filming a music video down here for my new single. We need a love interest and I was wondering if you wanted to be in my music video? If you have a girlfriend who would get upset, I totally understand you turning it down."

Whitney watched his brown eyes meet hers and there was a hint of surprise there. "You want me to be in your music video?"

"Only if you want to. It's no pressure if you don't," she replied, shrugging.

"I have to ask, why me?" He asked.

"She thinks you're hot," Stacey said walking by them. Whitney turned bright red and covered her face with her hands.

"It's ok, my mates are just as bad. I'd love to be in your music video. Also, I don't have a girlfriend at home who would get angry, so we're good."

"Awesome. Oh god, did I say that out loud," she said.

"Yes, but it's ok," he said with a laugh. "Let my assistant know when you're thinking and we can work around my filming schedule here."

"Thanks Joseph, can't wait." Whitney began to walk off.

"Whitney, wait," he started. "Could I get your number? Might be easier to get a hold of you."

"You could have just said you wanted my number," Whitney replied with a smile. Joe pulled his phone out of the jacket he was wearing and handed it over to her. She typed her number in and handed the phone back to him.

"Thanks," he said.

"Joseph, we need you on set."

"That's your cue," Whitney said.

"I'll text you later in case you have to leave before I get done filming."

"Ok," she smiled. Joseph walked on set and Stacey joined her best friend again. "Don't you dare start."

"Wasn't going to, but I told you so."