Chapter 6: That Kind of Girl

"Hey," he said, running his hand through his curls. He was clean shaven for shooting, but she could tell he had a little stubble peppering his jawline.

"Hi," her smile was warm and inviting. "I have some frozen pizza if that works for you. I know it's not some fancy dinner, but we can talk."

"That sounds great," he answered, sitting at her table. "You have a nice bus."

"Excuse me?" she asked.

"Your tour bus," he corrected himself.

"I knew what you meant. I just wanted to see what you would do."

"So are you one of those girls?" he asked.

"What kind of girl are you referring to? The one who isn't afraid to ask questions and makes the right moves?"

"That's exactly what I meant," he said, getting up from the table and closing the space between them. "What's your next move?"

Her heart was racing a million miles a minute and she could feel herself getting hot, but she couldn't stop herself from what she did next. She locked eyes with him and kissed him. He must have expected that was coming next because his hand cupped her face as she stood on her tiptoes to deepen the kiss. She moved them over to the couch where their make-out session got even hotter. Joseph's tongue slipped into her mouth, a moan escaping her lips. She about went for the hem of his shirt when the oven went off for the pizza.

"I'd better get that," she breathed as she broke them apart.

They sat at the table eating pizza, asking each other questions.

"Joe, I have to know. All your characters seem so outgoing and bold, especially Eddie, but you seem more reserved and private. Maybe not as wild as Eddie Munson?"

"I am definitely more reserved than Eddie for sure. I have a fun side."

"You seemed so shy in the interviews I saw of you. Super cute, but something I didn't expect."

"I guess I do a good job at hiding my shyness. I mean I wasn't sure I was going to get Eddie because of that."

"Well you did something right. You have so many fans and female ones at that. I'm one of those."

"I would hope so since we just made out in your music video," he answered with a laugh.

"Hey now," she said, throwing a napkin at him. They started laughing and they both could feel a connection. She looked down at her phone. "Oh shit, it's 11 PM. What time do you have to shoot in the morning?"

"I have to be at the makeup trailer at 5 AM." He looked down at his phone and saw his assistant was already sending a car to come get him.

"I feel bad for keeping you then," she said, getting up and throwing away their plates. When she turned around, he was standing there like he was getting ready to leave. "I'm sorry I kept you, really. Also, thank you for having dinner with me."

"Don't apologize, I wanted to be here." He closed the space between them. "I've got to go," he started.

"I know," she breathed. His hand caressed her face as he kissed her, Whitney wrapping her arms around his neck as Joseph deepened the kiss. She felt his hands on her skin and it sent a wave of electricity through her body.

She wanted more with Joseph, but she has made this mistake before with guys and it ended really bad. She broke their kiss as Joseph still held her face.

"Are you ok?" He asked, gently.

"Yes, I just don't want to screw something up before it even has a chance to start."

"I understand. When are you free again?"

"I have some big shows in Nashville this weekend, but I'll be free next week."

"Then it's a date," he answered with a smile. About that time his phone went off that the car was there to take him back to his place. He kissed her softly once more. "Goodnight princess."

"Goodnight," she answered as he walked out the door and to the car.

She closed the door behind her and texted Stacey to come and get her. She sat down and recounted the day she had spent with Joseph. His touch was so gentle and by the way he kissed her, she could tell he wanted her just as bad, well so she thought. Now she couldn't wait until next week when she could see him again.