Chapter 20: You Didn't Know?

As the weekend approached, Joseph's filming schedule was hectic with re-shoots and making sure they got everything they needed. Even though he was sad that the show was ending, he couldn't wait to spend time with Whitney before he went back to England.

"You ok?" Jamie asked, breaking him from his thoughts.

"Yeah mate. Just ready to spend some time with Whitney."

"Are you two going somewhere after we wrap?"

"Well, with her schedule she's free for a month. She invited me up to her house in North Carolina to stay for a few days."

"That'll be good. Glad you'll get to spend some time together."

"Thanks mate. I hope at some point she can come to England. My Mum is really about meeting her now that I posted about us."

"Well, I hope she does mate," Jamie answered, patting him on the back.

Jamie walked away and it had Joseph thinking. Maybe he needed to plan something special for them or more specifically her.

Whitney was working on her song as they were mixing her latest song.

"You're the furthest thing, but damn do we fit so perfectly."

"New song about Joseph?" Stacey asked.

"Well, kind of...," she started. "Fine, yes." Stacey grinned.

"I was waiting for you to write something. It just means I was right."

"What do you mean?" Whitney questioned.

"That Joseph makes you happy and when you let him in, look what happened. Now you're writing songs about him and he's posting and telling everyone about you."

"Yeah, yeah. Want me to rent a skywriter to write Stacey was right?" Whitney asked.

"I mean that would work," Stacey joked. Whitney rolled her eyes.

"Did you and Josh decide where you're going on vacation?" Whitney asked.

"Yeah, he planned for some all inclusive resort in St. Lucia. As long as I can have a drink in my hand, I'm good. What about you? Do you and Joseph have any big plans before he goes back home?"

"Nothing yet. I invited him to stay at the house and figured we'd go from there."

"Really Whit?" Stacey asked.

"What's wrong with that?"

"You two need to do something other than just stay at your house. I mean I get the privacy thing, but with him going back home, you need to do something."

"Thanks Mom for the words of encouragement. I guess I'll ask him when he gets there."

Joseph sat in his trailer as his assistant Chloe sat opposite of him. "Chloe, before I got back to London, I wanted to do something special for Whitney. I know it's last minute, but do you think you could get us set-up here?" Joseph showed Chloe his phone.

"Shouldn't be a problem. When do you want to leave and come back?" she asked, typing something into her phone.

"I think her final show is Sunday. Which I'm hoping to make, but maybe Monday?"

"Let me see what I can do," she answered, getting up and walking out of his trailer.

He picked up his phone back up and typed out a message to Whitney.

Joseph: Princess pack your bags because we're leaving Monday

Whitney: Wait, what?!? Where are we going?

Joseph: It's a surprise. Just pack warm.

Whitney: So this just proves we share the same mind.

Joseph: What do you mean?

Whitney: I was going to see if you wanted to go somewhere when you got to my house, but you beat me to it LOL

Joseph: HAHA. Just proves I'm the best boyfriend

Whitney: Ok full of yourself much LOL

Joseph: Maybe. I love you

Whitney: I love you too

The Duffer Brothers had rented out a venue that Friday for the season wrap party. Joseph stood off to the side talking to Joe Keery about what they would be doing now that the show was over.

"Do you have any projects in the works?" Joseph asked Joe.

"Yeah. My agent got me a Netflix movie. I think it's a comedy, but we start in a few months. What about you?"

"I've got a couple of things being thrown around, but nothing set in stone. They want me to be a new character on Bridgerton so I'm supposed to have a meeting when I get back to London."

"Oh shit dude, that's awesome. Have you told Whitney yet?"

"Not yet, but we'll have a lot to talk about when we go on vacation."

"So I should expect to see a proposal?" Joe asked.

"Mate, we haven't been dating that long. I love her, but we're definitely not there yet. Hell I haven't even met her parents yet."

"I don't think you can," Sadie started, joining them. "Sorry I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but Whitney lost her parents a few years ago. Taylor told me when I asked her about a song I liked by Whitney and Taylor said that's what it was written about.

If Joseph could have seen the look on his face that Joe and Sadie saw, then even he'd be surprised.

"Wait, you didn't know?" Sadie asked. Joseph shook his head no.

"It never came up, but I guess that's a part of her life that she's not comfortable talking about. I'm just surprised she didn't tell me."

"Talk to her about it man. In the meantime, let's get drunk," Joe Keery said as he walked Joseph to the bar.