Chapter 13: Revelations

Joseph sat on the plane with his headphones in, scrolling his phone. He already missed Whitney and was scrolling her Instagram. He had added her music to his phone and one of her songs came on. The lyrics talked about a couple being in love with each other and the moment they were in and it made him think of their time together.

Whitney sat on her bus as she strummed her guitar. She had new inspiration and wanted to capitalize on it.

"So, how was Josh?" Whitney asked Stacey. Stacey stopped scrolling her phone and looked at her best friend opposite of her.

"He was good, but the time is never long enough. He hopes that we'll get to take a vacation once the tour wraps. Also, he said he really liked Joseph. He thinks he's a good match for you."

"Really? I wouldn't expect that out of Josh. Usually I get the brotherly advice of the guy I'm dating being a complete douchebag."

"Well, you're not wrong, but this time I think you might have found something. Hell if Josh can see it and he misses a ton of shit, then you know it means something," Stacey laughed.

She could see something change in Whitney's face at her last comment. "What's wrong, Whit?"

"I think I'm in love with him. I've known the man for three weeks and he left my hotel room this morning and I cried and whispered "I love you" as I shut the door behind me."

Stacey got up and shut the curtain behind them so they could have some privacy. "Holy shit. That changes everything I feel like we talked about the other night."

"I knew you'd say that. This time I felt like I needed to keep it to myself until I sorted out my feelings. Well the past two days solidified it for me."

"Then why do you look so sad?" Stacey asked.

"Probably because I know how our schedules are and I don't know when I'll see him next. I mean I did have the conversation with him about our relationship and the media finding out. He's a private person and I'm more open, he can definitely see that and accepts that, but we have to have boundaries. I'm just scared dude."

"Well Whitney, I think maybe you should tell him how you feel."

A little while later, Joseph's plane landed and he texted Whitney to tell her he had gotten back to Atlanta.

Joseph: Sweetheart I laned and now I'm off to set now.

Whitney: I'm glad and have fun 😊

Joseph: Oh yeah loads. I wish I was still with you. I miss you.

Whitney: I miss you too

Joseph: I hope you have a great show. I'll talk to you tonight.

Whitney: Have fun filming ❤

"There it is," Stacey said, looking over at Whitney with the biggest smile on her face.

"Shut up," she answered, laughing.

Joseph was in the make-up trailer, getting his make-up applied when Jamie walked in.

"What's up mate? How was Nashville?" Jamie asked.

"Spectacular," a smile on Joseph's face.

"Well, she certainly seems to have your attention. What does she look like? I didn't get a chance to go to the famous show after all."

"Famous show?" Joseph asked.

"That's what Keery started and now everyone says it. Probably because you met Whitney and now you're a taken man."

Joseph just shook his head as he went for his phone to pull up Instagram when he saw Whitney had a new picture.

Liked by Marenmorris, sadiesink_ and 1,025,586 othersWhitD12: That Was All You 😘Marenmorris: Damn girlBreland: hell yeah!User1: You're beautiful

WhitD12: That Was All You 😘
Marenmorris: Damn girl
Breland: hell yeah!
User1: You're beautiful

"Fuck me," Joseph muttered.

"What's wrong mate?" Jamie asked. Joseph held his phone to show Jamie. "Is that her?"

"Yes, yes it is."

"She's cute, mate. Glad you're happy," Jamie replied, patting him on the back.

Joseph was damn lucky and he knew it too as his make-up and hair were finished and he went out for filming.

"Thank you Charlottesville!" Whitney said as the lights went out and she walked off stage and to her dressing room.

"Damn girl, you really had the energy tonight," Stacey said as they got to the room. Whitney grabbed her phone and water as she tried to relax a bit.

As her notifications began coming through, she saw she had texts from Joseph.

Joseph: I saw the photo you posted. Just damn 😉

She texted him back.

Whitney: Sorry didn't mean to ruin your day like that. LOL

Joseph: There's my girl. How was your show? Also, if anything you made my day better. I'm a fucking lucky man

Whitney: It was good! Lots of fun! Also, lucky man huh?

Joseph: Hell yeah. My girlfriend is stunning and talented.

Whitney: I guess that's what the Joseph Quinn pick up line is? LOL

Joseph: Did it work? I promise I'm not trying to sleep with you LOL

Whitney: Been there done that 😉

Joseph: You had to go there...😜

Whitney: Have to keep you on your toes

Joseph: I wouldn't expect anything less princess

Whitney: ❤