-20-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Currently, we were on the way to the Thatcher home, me, mom, and dad sitting on one side of the carriage, Aniya, and Emerson on the other side.

"Imagine if everyone else was here" Emerson laughed, all of us knowing it would be way worse for Lance and his family, but even now they were in the hot seat.

But as we all talked, there was an anxious feeling in my stomach wondering if Gojo had ever gotten my letter.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
And as Y/n hoped, Gojo had gotten the letter, and oh was he pissed, not at her but Lance and his family.

"All I wanna do is spend time with Angel" Gojo spoke to himself, slightly pouting as he looked down at his hands, a small object being held within them.

Time skip
After a few days, the family had finally made it to the town that the Thatcher family looked over, the people all having some weird vendetta against Y/n, masking it behind passive-aggressive comments to her as the family wasted some time.

"Aw, this would be so pretty on you" Y/n's mom spoke, putting these earrings on her, getting a smile from Y/n.

"Aw, my babies smiling, look at those cute cheeks," her mom said, pinching the girl's face, Aniya joining in.

Once the two left Y/n alone and her face was a bit sore, everyone had finally decided to go to the Thatcher home, their attitudes all changing.

𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝗼 𝐘/𝐧
Once getting out of the carriage to the large castle of the Thatcher family, they were all standing there, waiting on us, making me feel uncomfortable in a way.

"Hi, it's so nice to see you all" Mrs. Thatcher greeted first "yes I wish we could say the same, but how is everyone?" Aniya asked, my attention going to Lance, seeing him looking down at the ground, his hands balled up.

After talking and having some weird power match, the Thatchers had to lead us inside, Lance being instructed to guide me around.

"And that's the kitchen, feel free to request whatever you want," Lance said, his tone dry.

"You don't have to show me around, I'll be happy to find my way around myself" I spoke, turning away to walk off, feeling Lance grab my arm, his touch gentle, surprising me.

"N-no it's not that, I'm just sorry for putting you through hell, I'm sure you won't forgive me, but it's the truth"

Just for a moment, I believed it, I always want to see the good in others.

For a second I saw Lance glance at a guard who had walked away, leaning down to my ear, and as he spoke, I remembered that sometimes people don't change.

"And I'm also sorry for not marrying you and finally slitting that pretty throat of yours after"

And there he was, the Lance I knew and loathed.

With an annoyed sigh, I walked off, meeting up with Aniya and Emerson, the two showing me the room I'd be in since it was obvious I had walked off from Lance.

Once in the room, it was slightly cold, and since I'm not used to the cold, I was already getting goosebumps.

But as I sat on the bed, I had a weird feeling, not a bad one, but kind of like a gut feeling, like something was going to happen later on, but very soon.

After some time I had ended up walking around by myself, now in the library.

The family had a lot of history books, a few I have already read, others I haven't even heard of.

But when I tried to look at this book that was supposed to be the history of the Thatcher family, I ended up finding one of those secret rooms.

"Who would have guessed that," I say to myself before walking into the dark space.

It was pretty cold inside and I had to use my magic to make a small ball of light, now being able to see where I was going.

After some time walking and getting scared, I eventually found the opening, seeing a small room that had many jars of preserved monster parts and weird souvenirs, but what caught my eye was a book that was next to this jar.

When picking up the book there was a lot of dust on it, but after brushing it off, I saw that it was a diary, this diary belonging to Lance's great, great, great, and maybe another great, grandparents, the same ones who killed Gojo's parents.

The beginning chapters started when they were kids, speaking of the times when non of our realms had the agreement to coexist.

During this time, the demon realm was normally closed off from us, or the southern demon realm was, but as the person got older, and conflict kept rising, they had made up their mind.

And the next few chapters were gruesome and in great detail about what they had done to these innocent demons and other creatures.

But now I had made it to the parts that truly mattered, the murder of Gojo's parents.

Turns out the two demons had realized the small army that the old Thatcher's had created, and had also realized that they were using the deceased demons in black magic to aid them against stronger creatures.

Old Thatcher knew that this would cause the two to want to get rid of the army, not knowing that he had just enough power to kill the two, the old man even talked about how he had taken their horns as trophies, and when I looked up at the wall, tears fell down my face as I realized that those were their horns.

It was just gruesome, finding out the true intent and even reading in detail about how this had all gone down.

But in my state of shock, I had chosen to take the book and horns, using my magic to make them "vanish"

Now I had ran out, closing the entrance and going up to the room I was staying in, mom letting me know to get ready for dinner.

As I got ready I was getting excited, I don't know why, but it was as if something good was to happen, or show up.

But soon that question would be answered.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1078