-41-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
So far I've spent about two weeks just trying to get my magic back, but it felt as though I had none.

Even in the morning, I'd feel a light surge by it'd be gone after I ate breakfast.

It was frustrating and Neve seemed to be trying her best to calm my mind, the girl too sweet for her good.

"How about we walk the halls a bit?" Neve suggested, and the last thing I wanted to do was look around the palace that was keeping me hostage, but it was a good idea, and I needed to know every inch and corner of the palace.

So I had gotten up and got ready, and for the first time I was completely bundled up to take on the cold, a gown and a fluffy fur pelt adorning me, Neve and two guards coming with me to walk, the eerie silence making my stomach turn.

But as we walked I could see how dull the palace was, a lack of even simple paintings, most of them just landscape art and nothing else.

As we walked I tried to understand my dilemma, wondering why it was so hard for me to get my magic back, but just before I could come to a realization, dread had washed over me with the sight of Lucious.

"There you are, Empress" he grinned proudly, as though I was a capture from a hunt, and right now I was.

"Hello," I say, not hiding my anger as I look at Lucious, his eyes only showing amusement before looking away.

"Bring her to my study, I'll be there in a second" he ordered the guard, Neve and I looking at each other, the two of us already aware that being alone with Lucious wasn't something good.

But here I was in a large study, my eyes looking around the room, my fingers anxiously playing with the fabric of my dress even as Lucious walked in.

"Relax Empress, you look upset" "Oh do I?" I asked with an annoyed look that made Lucious laugh.

"I would apologize for all of this, but I intend to make my region the superior region amongst the rest, and you'll help me" "How?" I asked, curiosity getting to me.

"By marrying me and giving me a child of course"

I knew the marriage part would come, it was already brought up back at Geto's palace, but hearing Lucious saying it again shows just how serious he is about this.

But a child was something else, and I'd do anything to avoid having to bear a child of this man.

"To hell with that, if you try either one of those I'll kill you" I stood up "You think so? Haven't you noticed your magic hasn't come back? I wonder why" Lucious grins at me.

"How-" "There's nothing wrong, as long as you're eating well, my Empress"

'Eating...oh hell'

Suddenly it made sense as I stood up, fists balled up.

"You've been fucking with the food" "So I have, but you can't avoid it, unless you wanna die here, without your family even getting notice that you were alive"

Lucious was toying with my mind, I couldn't even stand being in the room anymore, my mind and stomach spinning.

"W-well then I could just kill myself, then your plans go down" Now I was losing, never thinking I'd even come up with a solution like that.

"As if you'd have the guts, just accept it"

As much as it broke me, Lucious was right, I didn't have that much gut to just kill myself, and if I did it wouldn't solve much as nobody would have even been aware of my passing.

So I was stuck, completely.

"Oh cheer up Empress, in three weeks we'll have our engagement ball before the wedding" With the sudden hit of news I ran out of the study, slamming the door before throwing up in the hallway, not expecting this lunatic to move so fast.

Everything after was a blur as Neve and a few maids ushered me back to the room, Neven cleaning me up till I was in bed.

"Here I got you some soup" the princess offered, holding the spoon to my lips till I slapped it away.

"He's been poisoning me, that's why my magic isn't back," I say, Neve looking at me shocked "Lucious told you that?" She asked as I could only give a simple nod, seeing that the princess was shocked at the news as well.

"So what are we gonna do?" "Nothing until I get this out of my system" I grimaced, aware that I'd have to starve to make it work.

"You don't have to starve" "It's the only way, Neve," I say before she gets up "I can at least get you bread and water, it's not much but it'll be better than nothing" she offered, white hair framing her face.

"Are you sure it's not trouble?" "Not at all, like you said, we're going to get out of this" She smiled before leaving the room, and once alone I had allowed my tears to fall, knowing I was just holding them back till now.

I was scared honestly, my options were limited and this time my chances of being saved were smaller, and that's if I even had a chance.

But as I cried I felt something in my chest and a warm feeling on my neck where Satoru and I bonded.

It was like someone was hugging me, and little did I know that Satoru felt the same, my husband only wishing to see me again.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 953