-38-

𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Today would be my only chance to get out of this place.

I hated this palace, how cold and cruel it was, just like my father Lucius.

I've been wanting to escape since the moment my mother passed and my father lost his everlasting mind. It broke my heart to watch him crumble but I had no love left to stay here in this hell hole.

So quickly I grabbed the bag underneath my bed, ready to book it out of the window, my mom allowed me to have a set of stairs that led to the terrace library which was never locked, allowing for the rest of my escape to go with a breeze.

But just before taking a step, I heard the jingle of keys at my door, forcing me to throw my bag under my bed and act as though I were still in misery because I was.

But when I looked back I wasn't expecting to see Y/n, the jewel of the southern region to be carried in.

"Get up" my father demanded as he laid Y/n down onto my bed.

"Why is she he-" "From this moment on she will be your new mother, and you'll treat her as such and take care of her like any daughter should"

The words my father spoke made no sense as I would eavesdrop on the conversation outside my room, catching on to the point that the woman in my bed was married to the demon Gojo.

Before I could even open my mouth my father had turned his back on me.

"Every time you leave the room you'll be escorted by guards so you can get Y/n whatever she wants" I was ordered just before my father reached the door, stopping in his tracks for a moment.

"And if you can't do something as simple as this, I'll make your suffering much worse before taking your life" were his final words before leaving me alone with Y/n.

Despite the situation, I was able to see how gorgeous the woman was, it made sense why Gojo wanted her, the demon probably showering her with all sorts of riches and indulging in her every want.

"I'm sorry Empress," I say, seeing how stress reached the woman's features even in sleep.

Since I was granted a bit of freedom I decided to leave my room to get water and tea for the Empress, seeing that she looked pretty unwell.

Of course, the guards took their orders seriously and I was being followed to the kitchen.

"If you're gonna be my shadow then at least help me carry these," I say as I hand the guards two bowls of hot water, also grabbing lemon and lavender as the aroma did help ease the mind a bit, but none of that would help me, but hopefully it was enough for Y/n.

By the time I made it back to my room, sitting the bowls down beside my bed, I saw Y/n stirring awake, the woman shooting up so fast out of her sleep that I had jumped back out of shock.

"Where the hell am I?"

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 538