Chapter 18

Being split into those groups... I am not sure if it is bad or good since i am used to working with Nina and Max, our Max. After this all confusion got off us, we have been all called one by one to Mike's office with Teddy as a guard. I am not much sure what it is with Teddy but she doesn't seem to like me much. Could it be because i was looking for information about her nieces? She knows my job and surely has to count with things like that as my mission. After i got to Mike's office, Teddy left waiting in other hallway or something. The second i step into that office, i had pretty uneasy feeling. I sat in front of him and he was asking various questions while writing down all of my answers, i assumed that it is to get some more info about me and that is it. Some were pretty basic ones, like my name, family, missions etc. but he also asked pretty sensitive questions, like relationship between me and my aunt, what happened to my aunt's husband and things like that, to some i couldn't even answer since i didn't knew anything. He was pretty surprised, that i practically had no idea what he was talking about. 

This all indicated that he knew something more about my family than i did

After what felt like forever, i could get out finally and instead of being greeted by Teddy's not much friendly expression, i was greeted by Emily hugging me tightly with a big smile on her face almost throwing both of us on the ground of Mike's office. Yeah, this girl loved her job and was 100% made of sugar clearly. "Hey Emily! Be careful!" Mike suddenly shouted on her and she looked kinda surprised but she nodded and signalised me to walk with her. We walked through different path than before. This one was a bit longer but we walked to several doors next to each other. I was pretty confused so i looked at Emily. She was still smiling and almost jumping on a place. 

what a hyperactive person

So i opened one of them, went inside and found a beautifully decorated room, i don't think it was indicated as a bedroom but it had a bed too. Emily went after me and i heard another footsteps, so I turned around to see Charlie in her hoodie again with something in her hand. "I see, you have a good style, blue-black style suits together, the decoration here suits you too" Charlie said with her voice toned down while slapping something on the door. Turns out she had a sticker with my name and she explained me several more things. Basically, this is my office now and kinda a bedroom too if i want that and several other unimportant things but that i can obviously still live in my apartment. It also turns out that Emily also lives in the same building like i do, even the same floor. This all is a useful information due to the fact that i'll work with Emily and Charlie a lot, we can try to come up with a plan earlier. 

Since they all want us to meet each other more, we got all called to the main room, the one where we all met before and we had there some food and drinks, with chatting all along where Mike shared with us all some useful information about each other. Luckily he didn't mention anything sensitive, at least it seems like that since none looked uncomfy. 

About an hour passed or so and most went out for some air or something. The only ones inside were me, Mike, Teddy and her nieces with Nina. At some point i understood why most went for fresh air because there was a lot of us in one room and it became unbreathable to them. Everything was peaceful and silent until i caught Mike staring at me and Nina. He wasn't saying anything, just staring barely blinking. We were both pretty weirded out until Teddy clapped with her paws near his ears and he obviously freaked out, dropping his phone and covering his own ears. "What was that for this time Teddy?!" he snapped at her. "You probably blacked out and was staring at them, clearly making them uncomfortable and you know how many times i told you, that it can be creepy even if it is not intentional since i have a lot of experience with it as the oldest member" Teddy slightly snapped back at him and repaired her jacket. Now it all makes sense why she never lets her guard down. It seems like she has very bad experience with people in life and has the most experience if she is the oldest then. We can't blame her for that though.

Others started to come back when suddenly a huge alarm started going on. We newbies had no idea what was actually going on but since the others were getting out their guns and any weapons they had by paw, we did the same. Through the loud alarm, Charlie yelled at me that someone is probably in the building and that we, group called Warriors a.k.a me, Charlie and Emily, will probably go search through the building for the person. Charlie had a gun like i had, but enchanted with magic and Emily had an entire polearm with a bow or something, enchanted too. I got back into reality and suddenly Mike looked at the screen and rose a hand up, signalising us to go search. So we ran through different rooms and parts of the building but found absolutely nothing. The alarm suddenly stopped so we went back, telling Mike that we haven't found anything, the others didn't see or found anything. That was very weird to Bibby since "the alarm doesn't turn itself on unless there is something wrong" as she stated, making suddenly out an entire keyboard in air witha screen and did something. To the rest of us were pretty weirded out but we also started to use our brains. 

we missed something

"I got it!" suddenly Bibby shouted. Turns out that Bibby is the hacker in this team. Now i understand why we were missing something. She had to hack through some files in the technology they have here and made out something from it.

Etxp rzpd clntyr mj ld esp nle td detww hltetyr qzc esp xzfdp ez nzxp, esp xzfdp dppvtyr spwa qczx zespc xtnp, qzcxtyr l eplx ez rz lyo nlens esp nle, hstwp estd td lww ufde l hldep zq etxp

Etxp rzpd clntyr mj ld esp nle td detww hltetyr qzc esp xzfdp ez nzxp, esp xzfdp dppvtyr spwa qczx zespc xtnp, qzcxtyr l eplx ez rz lyo nlens esp nle, hstwp estd td lww ufde l hldep zq etxp. wpgpw 9, 19:00