movie night

I walk down to the kitchen to grab some snacks, preparing for Tom's arrival when a knock at the door comes. I put down the popcorn and open the door and see Tom, in grey sweatpants and a white t shirt. I smile and he goes in for a hug, which I gladly accept.

"Hey Cait." He beams at me.

"Hey Tom. You ready for an epic movie night?" I ask with a smirk.

"Of course I am. Scary movies or rom coms?"

"What kind of question is that? Scary movies!"
We go up to my room, both carrying snacks and big blankets. My mother wasn't home so she wasn't scolding me for having a boy she doesn't know in my room. We both agree on Annabelle and get close on my bed, both of us covered in a blanket and sharing a bag of popcorn.

"Why the fuck would someone make a movie about a possessed doll?" I scream, covering my head under the blanket. Tom laughs and rips the blanket off of my head and forces my head to look at the TV. "Stop it!" I shriek and pull the blanket back over my head and I hug his waist, embracing his torso into my arms. He stays still and doesn't say anything.
After a few minutes of silence, I let go of him and come back from under the blanket. We sit, staring at the television in complete silence.

"Are you ok?" He asks me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Are you ok?" I reply quickly.

"Yeah I'm good."

"Good." We look at each other and then back at the TV. After the movie ends, Tom stands up and starts to leave.

"You're leaving?" I ask.
"Yeah...we got school tomorrow and I don't wanna overstay my welcome." He explains, not making any eye contact with me.

"Why are you being weird?"

"I'm not being weird. You're being weird." I cross my arms and give him a look and he stares at me. He looks at me while putting his jacket on and sits back down onto my bed with a sigh. "I'm not being weird, we both need sleep so the possessed dolls can't come and take us away." He says in a sweet tone, trying to lighten the mood. I giggle and lightly smack his chest, urging him to leave my room with me following behind him to the front door.

"Tonight was really fun." I smile at him.

"Yeah it was. We should definitely do this more often." He agrees with me.

"What do you mean? We're gonna do this at least once a week." My nose scrunches as I say this and I kinda grab his hand. He steps onto the concrete step and looks up at me with a soft smile.

"Good night, Cait." He smiles at me.

"Good night. Tom." I let go of his hand and watch as he walks back into his house across the street. I shut the door and lean against it. Fuck sake. I told myself I wasn't going to do this again. I'm not going to fall for him.