secret sleepover

"Why did you have to throw it at her face?!" My step dad shouts at me. "Why couldn't you have aimed lower and saved me the trouble of having to come and get you!"

"I already said that I was sorry! What else do you want me to say?" I argue back.

"I want you to tell me why you threw it at her in the first place!" He slams his fist down on the table, making me flinch and tear up. "I'm sorry. I just want to know why, Caitlin."

"She threw it at the back of my head first and I just threw it on instinct. I didn't know it would actually hit her or that it would break her nose." I say quietly.
He pinches the bridge between his nose in frustration and just points towards the stairs.

"Just go to your room. You're grounded for a week." He orders. I nod my head and go up the stairs. I huff down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. After a movie, I turn off the tv and roll my eyes.
"I'm so bored!" I say to myself. I look around my room and see my window...and then Tom's window. I call him.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hi Tom." I say happily.

"Hey Caity, what's up?"

"I'm bored, grounded and I really wanna see you." I hear him laugh and I sit on the seat by my window and look at him through the window. He sees me and waves with a big smile on his face.

"I can sneak through your window." He says as a joke.

"That could work." I say seriously.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously." He immediately hangs up the phone and starts to gather his stuff around. I watch as he climbs out of his window with a backpack on his back as he jumps down and walks over cautiously to my house, climbs up my fence and onto the little roof outside my window. I open the window with a surprised smile.

"I didn't think you would actually do it." I smile at him.

"Of course I would. You wanted to see me." He climbs in and jumps on my bed with a sigh and I jump next to him.

"I doubt my stepdad will come in here, he never does." I reassure him. We sit up against my headboard, under the covers and watching Brooklyn Nine Nine. Tom looks at me as he pulls out snacks from his bag. I happily take the crisps from his hands and move away so he can't take them back.

"Oi! Share!" He whisper shouts at me. I shake my head and he grabs me and pulls me close to his face, looks me in the eyes and slowly takes the crisps out of my hands. We don't move and keep staring at each other and feel his hot breath on my face. A knock on the door breaks us away from each other.

"Cait? Are you in there?" My eyes widen as I hear my brother's voice.

"One minute! I'm naked!" I shout, getting out of my bed and trying to shove Tom underneath my bed.
I compose myself and open the door with a smile on my face.

"Heyyyy bro, what's up?" I say kind of normally.

"Did you just call me bro?" He says as he walks into my room and sits on my bed.

"Sorry. What can I do for you?" I ask, cringing as I see Tom's feet right next to Daniel's feet. "Shit! Move your feet!" I say to Daniel as I stamp on Tom's feet.

"What the fuck? Are you good?" Daniel asks with a scared smile on his face.

"Yeah...there was a bug." I lie. "Anyway, what's up?" I sit on my bed opposite him.
"Mum's home and she's drunk again so I really don't want to be around her. Wanna order some food?" He asks. I can see the stress on his face from our mum being drunk again and I can also see how much it gets to Daniel. I hold his knuckles and smile lightly at him.

"You wanna order a pizza or something?" I ask. He nods his head and I pull my phone out and let Daniel order whatever. I text Tom slyly asking what he wanted and his phone goes off underneath my bed. My eyes widen and Daniel looks around the room.

"What was that?" He asks suspiciously.

"What?" I ask nonchalantly.

"Was that your phone or mine?"

"It was mine." He just nods his head. Tom texts his order and I put it in with mine and pay for the food.

"I'll get you when it's here." I say, ushering him out of my room. Tom stands up and smiles at me.

"You really hurt my foot." He jokes.

"It wasn't your foot, it was a bug." I throw a pillow at him and he dodges it and catches it.

A Few Hours Later...

We had had our pizza and Tom was planning to sleep over, which I was ok with. After another episode finishes, he stands up and grabs some pillows.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Sleeping on the floor." He says like it's normal. I laugh at him and he looks at me, confused.

"You're not sleeping on the floor, you idiot. Just sleep in the bed like a normal person."

"I just assumed..."

"Tom. Don't be silly, it's fine. Just get back here." I smile, reaching my arms out to hug him. He gets back into bed and I lay on his chest unconsciously...like I was laying on my boyfriend. He didn't move me...so I think he was ok with it.

"Cait." He calls for me.

"What's up?" I look up at him.

"I'm boiling. Can I take my t-shirt off?" I nod my head and sit up so he can take his shirt off. I stare at him as he takes it off and I didn't realise how ripped he was. Tom was skinny but you wouldn't of known that he had a fucking six pack.

"Cait?" He waves his hands in front of my face, waking me up from my daydream.

"Sorry...daydreaming." I pass off and he kneels on the bed in front of me, staring into my eyes.

"Really? I thought you were...staring." He smirks at kisses my cheek, which makes me blush like crazy. I don't do anything and he lays down next to me, looking away from me. "Night love."

"Night Tommy." I lay down and drift off to sleep.