Jack

Emily P.O.V.

I hate this. Every time I try to do something, Daniel says I can't and that he will do it instead. I want to be able to help around the house too. Just because I'm now 7 months pregnant, doesn't mean I'm incapable of helping.

I walk downstairs and Daniel is making breakfast for Noah. I pick Noah up and Daniel gives me a glare.

"Babe, you need to be careful. I don't want you to hurt yourself or the baby."

I sigh, put down Noah, and turn towards the door.

"I need some air. Am I allowed to go on a walk?" I say sarcastically.

"Em-" he starts but I don't let him finish. I turn back around to face him.

"No. I'm tired of you telling me what I can and cannot do. You're not my father," I walk back towards the door, "I'll be back later."

I walk on the beach for about a half hour and sit down in the sand. I soon feel someone in my presence.

"Go away," I say, even though I don't know who the person is.

"I-I'm sorry," says the person.

I turn around.

"Charlotte?" I stand up. Not knowing, my sunglasses fall out of my back pocket.

"Charlotte, what's wrong. What's happened?"

"It's-It's about Jack."

This takes me by surprise.

"What's happened to Jack?"

"I-I went to the Stowaway an-and," I stop her.

"Shh. Take your time."

"He-he was dr-drunk. It's not the first time this happened."

"Did he do something."

Charlotte nods.

"H-He was saying how you shouldn't be with Daniel. And Noah should be his child."

"Did you say something to him?"

"N-No. He saw me, though and yelled at me to get out. I'm worried, Em. What could happen to Carl?"

I feel like I need to go over there but I know Charlotte will want to come. And I don't want Charlotte to get hurt. I also don't want to tell Daniel because I know he won't approve.

"Alright. Can you drive me over there?"

"Yea. I parked this way."

We walk over to her car and I get in the passenger seat.

We get to the Stowaway a short time later and I slowly walk inside. Jack is behind the bar, throwing back shots.

"Jack?"

"Emily! I'm so glad you came. I've missed you," he says while walking towards me. I can already smell the aroma of liquor.

"I-I came because Charlotte is worried about you. This isn't you, Jack. You have Carl to worry about. And besides, I'm with Daniel. We have Noah and a baby on the way. you need to get your act together. For Carl."

I hope that gets him thinking. All I can think about is how Daniel would kill me if he knew I was here.

Daniel P.O.V.

It's been an hour and a half since Emily left. I start to get worried so I call Nolan and ask if she is over there with him. He says she's not but will call if she stops by. I put Noah in the stroller and walk out onto the beach. I still don't see her. I find her sunglasses on the beach and my breathing quickens. While pushing Noah, I jog back to the house and call Nolan to come over and watch Noah. Once Nolan gets to the house, I leave right away.

While driving, I call Emily but it goes straight to voicemail. I leave a message telling her to call me back and that I'm really worried. I try calling Charlotte and luckily, she picks up on the last ring.

"Daniel?" she says. I can hear a gasp in the background.

"Charlie, is Emily with you. She isn't at home and she said she was going on a walk but I can't find her. If she's with you, could you please put her on?"

"I-I can try."

I hear whispering in the background and then I hear Jack yelling.

"CHARLOTTE? Where are you?" I yell.

"We-We're at the Stowaway. Danny, come quick please," she begs.

I step on the gas and I speed to where Emily and Charlotte are. I run inside and see glasses smashed in the floor and Emily holding her bump securely.

"Jack? What the hell is going on?"

"Danny," Emily says, "Please-please be careful. He's drunk."

I nod back at her.

"Jack, what were you thinking?"

"She-She doesn't belong with you," he says.

"You were fine about us the last time you saw us. What changed?"

"I-I don't know. I gu-guess I had a few too many."

"I think you may be right."

He walks toward Emily and my breathing quickens again. He grabs her hands and tells her he is sorry. Then he backs away.

"Come on, Em. Let's go home."

"Jack, will you be okay? Why don't you go upstairs and try to calm down?" I suggest.

He nods and turns around, going to the stairs. I walk over to Emily and cup her face in my hands.

"I-I'm so sorry," she says.

"No. I am. I realized that I need to give you some space. You're right. You should be able to do stuff. I guess I just don't want you getting hurt. I'm sorry."

"I love you, Daniel."

"I love you too, Emily," I lean in and kiss her passionately.