Are You Pregnant?

Daniel P.O.V.

It's the beginning of week two of our vacation in Aruba. We have done a lot of traveling, swimming, hiking, and shopping. But I noticed that Emily is not herself lately. She told me it's nothing and to stop worrying because it will ruin our trip. But when my wife is sick, I am going to worry. I think I might know what's going on, but I have to check first.

"Emily?" I ask across the kitchen table, "Are you pregnant?" It kind of just slips off my tongue because she is now looking at me like, 'Did you seriously just ask that?'

"What? No, I mean why would you think that? Daniel, where is this coming from?"

"Emi, why wouldn't I think that. You are a girl in her middle 20's with the symptoms of a pregnant woman."

"No," she says shaking her head, "No, I'm not pregnant. And I'm not continuing this conversation."

"Emily," I say as she stands up and begins to walk away but I grab her hand. She turns and looks at me for a second.

"Daniel, stop. I said I'm not continuing this conversation," she snaps and yanks her wrist away.

Emily P.O.V.

I can't believe Daniel thinks I'm pregnant. As I'm walking upstairs, the thought hits me. 'Oh my god, Emily. You could be pregnant.' I just put the thought to the back if my mind and think about something else. Before I know it, I am going to my dresser and pulling out my swimsuit. I guess I'm going swimming. As I walk into the bathroom, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. 'Crap. You have got to be kidding me,' I think. I stare at the tiny bump on my stomach. I'm kind of mad right now. Not at Daniel, but at myself.

"Where are you going?" Daniel asks as I storm out the door.

"I just need to be alone," I snap.

"Emily, wait!" I stop and turn around.

"Wait for what Daniel? You obviously knew I was pregnant, didn't you?"

That question brings a shocked expression upon his face.

"Y-Your'-re pre-pregnant?" he stutters, "I thought you said you weren't."

"Well, I obviously I was wrong. Go look for yourself," I say stomping out the door. "The damn test is upstairs," I yell.

I walk out onto the beach and just sit on the hot sand. I think about how I'm supposed to be a mother. I mean, come on, I can't even get the wife part down. I grab my bag and throw my towel over my shoulder as I feel someone in my presence.

"Go away, Daniel."

"I think it's great. The baby, I mean." I turn around and I see the test in his pocket. I roll my eyes at the sight of it.

'Yea right,' I think to myself.

"Great. Because whether you like it or not, I'm keeping my baby."

"I knew you would," he says and a moment of silence takes over.

"Emily, I'm not going to leave you alone in this."

"Good, because I can't raise a baby on my own. Again," I say and walk towards my husband to give him a long hug.

"I'm sorry," I whimper into his chest.

"Hey," he says as he pulls back, "We both know all of that back there was the hormones talking!" he says with a smirk.

"I love you, Daniel."

"And I love you, Emily."