He's Here

Daniel P.O.V.

"Emi?" I ask bringing food over to the table.

"What?" she responds quietly.

"How many kids do you want? I mean, after this one."

"Umm. I don't know, Daniel. Why are you asking?"

"No reason. Just curious."

"Oh. Okay. Thank you for making lunch today. It feels good to have a break."

"Anytime, babe," I reply, "Does it taste okay?"

She nods and says, "It tastes great! I love it."

"That's good."

After we finish lunch, I get a call that says I have to be back in the office for a meeting. I go upstairs to get ready when I hear something crash downstairs.

"Emily? What was that? Are you okay?" I ask running down the stairs.

"Ju-Just a va-vase. I'm sorry. I'll clean it up," she says as she starts crying.

"No," I bluntly demand.

She looks up scared.

"I don't want you to cut yourself. I'll do it," I say helping her up, "But first, tell me why you were crying."

"I-I don't know. It's my fault, you shouldn't have to-to clean in u-up."

I can tell she is having a hard time breathing so I try to calm her down. I pull her onto my lap and she throws her hands onto her stomach.

"Emi? What's wrong?"

"I think the baby's just moving. It's fine." She still flinches a little but I don't push it. She looks at her watch and notices the time. "Daniel! You need to be at work."

"Emi, it's fine."

"No. You need to go...now," she picks up my briefcase and hands it to me as I walk towards the door.

"I love you," I say as I give her a kiss on the lips.

"I love you, too."

"Emily, call me if you need anything. I'll leave my meeting right away," I tell her.

"Okay. But Daniel, we'll be fine."

I nod as I walk out the door to my Astin Martin.

Emily P.O.V.

When Daniel leaves, I start to clean up the glass and the flowers that fell. As I am cleaning up the glass, I get a small cut on my wrist. I yelp in pain as I feel the shard make contact with my skin. I see the blood trickle down my wrist, covering my tattoo. The blood slides off my wrist and makes a puddle on the floor. I tell myself to clean it up later. As I quickly run over to the sink to wash my wrist, drops of blood fall onto the floor. Then I go over to the cabinet and I get a big enough bandaid for the cut and put in on. After that, I lean against the kitchen counter and just take a deep breath. I retrace my steps and clean up the blood. Then, I walk back over to the glass and move it onto a piece of paper. I then bring it to the garbage and dump it in. As I walk back to the couch, I stop in the middle of the hallway and grab by stomach. It feels like the baby is kicking, but it also feels a lot more painful than usual. Contractions, great. I wince in pain and slowly make it over to the couch. I don't call Daniel because he is in his meeting and I would feel bad if he had to leave because of me. So, I decide to not call him and just lay down and take a nap.

A little while later, I wake up to excruciating pain in my stomach. I stand up and I immediately feel water run down my legs. Oh god. I'm having the baby. I find my phone and call Daniel.

"Emily? Are you okay?" he asks worriedly.

"Daniel! I'm having the baby. It-It hurts."

"Oh my god. Okay. I'm on my way home. 10 minutes, baby. Hang in there."

I put down the phone and sit on the couch, rocking back and forth. 10 minutes later, Daniel runs inside. He throws down his briefcase and carries me out to the car.

"How are you?" he asks rubbing his hand on my thigh.

"As good as any pregnant woman in labor can be. How was your meeting?" I ask taking deep breaths.

"Good, I guess. There isn't usually anything good about meetings, though."

"Oh. I-I'm sorry," I say turning my head looking out the window.

"No, baby. You didn't do anything wrong. It's okay."

I don't respond.

We pull up to the hospital and he carries me inside. He finds me a wheel-chair and he wheels me into the lobby.

"We need a doctor. My wife is in labor," he tells the woman sitting at the desk.

"Right away," she says and then she whispers something into the microphone that's on her shirt.

Within seconds, a doctor dressed in scrubs rushes out from behind her and wheels me into a nicely prepared room. I mean, no hospital rooms are nice, but this one seemed okay. He lifts me up onto the bed and Daniel comes next to me and grabs my hand.

"It's going to be okay. You're going to do great," he whispers into my ear giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I nod and smile.

A few minutes later, a doctor walks in and checks to see how many centimeters dilated I am.

"You're at 9. 1 more to go, Emily!" she says, "I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Okay, thank you," I respond.

A little while later, I feel a big burst of pain in my stomach. I screech and Daniel runs out into the hallway then back into the room with the doctor.

"10. Are you ready to become a mom?" she asks.

I nod.

"Alright Emily, I want you to push on 3. 1....2....3...."

I do that like 12 hundred times and I finally feel a sense of relief.

"It's a boy!"

"You did great," Daniel says as he lifts up my chin, giving me a kiss.

"C-Can I hold him?"

"Absolutely," the doctor says handing me my son, "Have you two thought of a name?"

I look up at Daniel.

"Noah. Noah Edward Grayson," he says.

I look back down at Noah and tears fill my eyes. "It's perfect."