Not Again

*Five months later*

Emily P.O.V.

'Gosh, I'm humongous' I mutter to myself. Daniel is at work and we have Victoria's Charity Benefit tonight. We haven't told anyone about the pregnancy, but we think everyone will be thrilled. The benefit is at 5:30 tonight and when I look at the clock, it's 4:27. I begin to feel dizzy and as I am going to walk upstairs to get ready, I trip on my Jimmy Choo heels. I yelp as I fall flat on my stomach. 'Please...This can not happen again!' I say to myself. It feels like hours are passing as I lay on the ground. And slowly, darkness takes over and I am left unconscious on my family room floor.

Daniel P.O.V.

Emily was supposed to meet me at the manor a half hour ago, but she hasn't shown up. I start to get nervous and get this bad feeling in my stomach, so I cut short the chat I was having with my mom. When she asks why, I tell her I have to run home and grab something. As I walk up the steps to the house, I notice the doors are locked. I bend over and grab the spare key from under the flower pot. I unlock the door and call out Emily's name. When I walk into the house, I see Emily laying unconscious on her stomach.

"Oh God!" I yell. "Emily, sweetheart, wake up. Please!"

I dial 9-1-1 and they pick up on the second ring.

"9-1-1, What's your emergency?" the man on the other end asks.

"This is Daniel Grayson," I say frantically. "It's my wife, Emily. I walked in and she was laying on the ground unconscious. Sir, please help. She's 5 months pregnant!" I say into the phone.

"Alright, Mr. Grayson. I need you to do a few things while we send over an ambulance."

"Ok," I reply.

"First, make sure your wife is breathing. Then, hold her neck and turn her onto her side."

"Ye-Yes. She's still breathing," I reply with tears in my eyes.

"Ok, Mr. Grayson. The medics should be there any minute," as he says that, I can faintly hear the sirens in the background.

"I'm going to hang up now, ok?" he says.

"O-Ok. Thank you."

"It's my job. Goodbye, Mr. Grayson," and with that I hang up.

"Hang in there, Emi. They're almost here," I say grabbing her hand. As I grab her hand, I hear her try to say something.

"D-Dan-Daniel?" she asks.

"I'm right here, baby. I'm not going anywhere," I reassure her.

"Save the baby."

I shake my head slightly. "No. You and the baby will be just fine. I promise you."

Her eyelids start to droop and she begins to shake slightly.

"Don't close your eyes, baby. Stay with me, Emily."

"I-I can-can't," she whispers.

"Yes you can. Please?!" At this point, I'm fully crying. And the medics burst through the door.

As they put her on a stretcher and wheel it out to the ambulance, I ask if I can ride with her.

"Are you family?" the one man asks.

"Y-Yes. I'm her husband and the fa-father,"

"Ok. Then hop in."

I sit next to the stretcher and I hold her hand. After a minute or two, I feel her hand grip mine tightly.

"Hang in there, baby. We are almost there," I say to her leaning down and giving her a kiss on her forehead.