Vacation Away from the Hamptons

Emily P.O.V.

"Aruba? Are you serious?" I ask Daniel who had just told me that we were going on a vacation.

"Yes, I'm serious. Pack your swimsuit!"

I'm shocked but yet so excited at the same time. I start dancing around the house.

"We leave tomorrow morning at 7 o'clock which means we have to leave here at 6:30. And we will be there for two weeks."

"Oh...I have to start packing," I mutter to myself.

I run up the stairs and put my suitcase on the bed. I pack 3 bikinis and 1 one piece, 5 pairs of shorts, 6 nice shirts, 3 pairs of pajamas, 4 dressy outfits, 2 pairs of flip flops, and most importantly, the sassy nightgowns. I also pack my tooth brush, hair brush, shampoo, conditioner, etc. I bring my bag downstairs and on the counter is my passport, along with Daniel's.

"Babe, go pack," I tell Daniel.

"I already did. My stuff is in the car."

"Oh. Ok. So, where are we staying?" I ask curiously.

"Well, I bought a time-share and we get our own beach house, sea house, or ocean house, what ever you want to call it."

"Well if we need to be there by 7, we should go to bed now," I say as I look at the clock. It reads 8:52.

"Alrighty."

We walk hand in hand upstairs and then put on our pajamas. 'Tomorrow will be such an exciting day!' I think as I slowly drift off to sleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night and feel sick. I turn and look at the clock and see that it's 2:47 in the morning. I try to go back to sleep but can't because of the pain, so I quickly run to the bathroom and let out last night's dinner. Daniel is still sleeping when I walk back to the bed. I figure I'm going to be sick again so I don't even bother getting into bed. I quietly walk downstairs and open the porch doors. That's when I realize we are going to Aruba later in the morning! I can't tell Daniel that I'm sick. He will make me go to the doctors, and then our vacation will be ruined. I sit out on the porch swing for a little bit until I feel somewhat better. I close the doors behind me as I go upstairs and get back in bed next to Daniel. He wakes up instantly and I see that I scared him.

"Emi? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I couldn't sleep because I was so excited!"

"Oh. Ok," he mutters quietly.

Then in a matter of seconds, we are both asleep in each other's arms.

Daniel P.O.V.

*Later that morning*

We are all dressed and ready to go as the clock strikes 6:30.

"Ready babe?" I ask Emily.

"Yep!" she yells as she runs down the stairs and out the doors.

"Do you have the key to lock up?" I yell walking after her.

"Yes," she yells back.

"Well, can I have it?"

"Sure. And make sure the oven is off!"

"Yes, Mrs. Grayson," I huff.

"Yes, Mrs. Grayson," I hear her mimic.

A minute later we are in the car and on our way to the airport.

Fifteen minutes later we arrive at the airport. I see a man holding a sign that says, "Mr. & Mrs. Daniel Grayson - Aruba." Emily grabs her bag and runs over to the man. She hands him her passport and he stamps it. I do the same. Then we bring our bags over to where the bag area of the plane is. The same man leads us onto the plane that will soon take us to our 'vacation away from the Hamptons.'

Emily P.O.V.

Twelve and a half hours later we step off the plane and breathe in the beachy air. After grabbing our bags, the limo driver escorts us to the car and takes us to the house. Once we arrive at the house, we unpack and immediately put on our swim suits. I put on a royal blue bikini and put my hair in a bun while Daniel puts on his red trunks. As he walks towards me, all I can do is stare at his perfectly fit body. And I am so happy that it is all mine. After moments of staring, we walk outside to the ocean and jump in the water.

As I am swimming, my stomach twists and soon I am running back to the house holding myself together. Once I reach the bathroom, I let it all out. 'Seriously?' I think to myself. 'Great job, Emily. You ruined the vacation.'

"Emi?" Daniel asks.

"Daniel, I-I'm sorry. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to ruin our get away."

"Didn't tell me what, Emily? What are you talking about?"

"I-I was sick this morning. That's why I wasn't in bed with you," I say while the tears roll down my face.

"Emi, you should have told me. I would have called the doc-," he starts.

"NO! I don't want to go to the doctors," I snap.

"Baby," he tries.

"Can we please just forget about this?"

"Yea. Just tell me when you are feeling sick. Please?"

I look down and nod. But Daniel lifts my head back up with his hand.

"Hey. I love you, Emily Rebecca Grayson," he states clearly.

"And I love you too, Daniel Edward Grayson."