A Date Alone

Emily P.O.V.

It's been two weeks since Noah was born. Daniel and I are extremely happy. He is such a happy baby. We haven't taken him to meet Grandma and Grandpa Grayson, though. Nolan has met him once and they spent the whole day together. Nolan is watching Noah today so that Daniel and I could have a day to ourselves.

"Good morning, babe," Daniel tells me when I roll over and face him on the bed.

"Good morning."

"What do you want to do today? Noah's gone, no work," he starts then winks.

"If we are thinking of the same thing," I wink, "Then I think I could make room for that."

"Alrighty then," he says and pulls me into his side, cuddling.

We fall asleep for another few hours. When I wake up, I look at my phone. It reads 6 missed calls from Nolan Ross. I immediately sit up, tears already reaching my eyes.

"DANIEL!" I yell, waking him up right away.

"6 missed calls from Nolan" I inform him, "S-Something mi-might be wrong."

"Well, Emi, call him back and ask."

Right away, I call Nolan. He picks up on the fourth ring.

"Emily? What's up?"

"W-What's up? I should be asking you that."

"What do you mean," he pauses, "Oh..you're calling about all my missed calls?"

"Yes, Nolan. You had me worried as hell. Is Noah okay?"

"Yes. Noah is fine. I was just trying to contact you to tell you that I was going to take Noah to the park."

"Park? He's two weeks old."

"Yea. I know. But we had a lot of fun. Noah is taking a nap now."

"Oh. Okay. Well, as long as he's okay. I think Daniel and I are going to go out for lunch, or something."

"Alright. Call me when you want me to bring him back to the house. Have fun!"

"We will. Thank you again, Nolan."

"No problem, Emily."

With that, I hang up. I lay back down next to Daniel.

"What are we going to do today?" Daniel asks me.

"We could go to that brewery restaurant downtown. I've always wanted to try that place."

"Sounds perfect," Daniel whispers and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you, Daniel."

"I love you more, Emily."

After a while of just laying on the bed in each other's arms, we get up and ready for the day. I put on black slacks and a pink chiffon blouse. I apply my makeup and curl my hair. Daniel puts on a blue and white striped polo with khaki pants.

"Ready, sweetie?" I ask.

"Yep. Let me grab my wallet and my keys."

"Okay. I'll be out by the car," I tell him.

"Right behind you."

We walk out to the car and drive to the restaurant. I order a chicken caesar salad and Daniel orders a half slab of ribs. We eat and talk about our lives ahead of us. Once we are done eating, Daniel drives back home and we lounge, watching romantic movies. Then after we have dinner, later that night, Daniel turns me on. He kisses me passionately on the couch and we move upstairs to the bedroom. We finish in the bed and we are both left exhausted. I text Nolan to drop off Noah later the next morning. Daniel and I eventually fall asleep in each other's arms.