chapter 9

Y/N sat at her balcony. She just finished changing, by now it was after 10. As she layer her head back and look at the stars, one in particular sparkled brighter than all the others that surrounded it, this made her smile but it didn't last long as she heard someone enter her room.

She thought it was soojin but the heavy steps she heard getting closer to her said otherwise. Looking back she saw Mr.Jeon, that's when she remembered he had an explanation for her. As he got to her sitting infront of her the awkwardness in the atmosphere was a slap in both of their faces.

Sitting up straight y/n blankly stared at the floor. Knowing well y/n wasn't going to be the one to spark the conversation jeon spoke calmly. "So, I'm sure u know what I'm here to tell u about". "Yes". "Well I'll get straight to the point...she's my new girlfriend soon to be wife". Y/N's eyes widened. "Her name before marriage was already jeon aswell as after marriage with her previous husband, he left due to....some differences in jungkook that he didn't like".

Y/N chuckled bitterly. "What is it"? He asked perplexed by y/n's reaction, he was expecting her to lash out at him. "Do what u want I'm no one to interfere in your life...go, go look after your new family....just remember one thing. No one, and I mean no one, replaces my mother, either way you're not my father so...don't get me involved".

Jeon felt his chest tighten he hated his faith of having his daughter hate him. He really wished he could turn back time but there was really no excuse for what he did, he had everything anyone could have ever asked for in his wife and child and he lost them both. "Y/N, please. Ara loves u already, atleast take a minute to get to know her and jungkook, hate me all u want but not them.

Y/N laughed. "Hate u? Hahaha, what's there to hate? U weren't anyone to me anyway. Who am I to hate u, just pretend I'm not even here". Both of them locked eyes. If no ones else both of them saw, they saw it all in each other's eyes. If the rest of the world was blind to it, it wasn't them. They saw all the sadness, guilt, regret, hatred. But not just any hatred...self hatred.

They both saw it all, as father and daughter neither of them could lower their pride enough to admit it but they both missed that strong dad-daughter bond they had once upon a time. Y/N knew for herself, she knew one day what she thought was hate towards her father would fade that dark mature icy persona she'd forced herself into would fade and that little girl would finally reveal herself.

That little girl she had caged within her, her mind all the memories of that day and that image she gave herself as she grew up all forced her to shut out the world her father anything good that came her way. She pretended her feelings meant nothing and that her heart didn't hurt aswell, she pretended she didn't need the comfort because she wanted to punish herself aswell.

She didn't only see her father at fault for the loss of her mother she blamed herself aswell.

Tho both the father and daughter saw it in each other that they needed to talk and mend their bond both were stubborn. They both saw fault in themselves that caused deep insecurity in them both and neither of them knew where to start to fix anything in their lives if it was possible.

Breaking the eyes contact Jeon stood up. "Goodnight, y/n..." she simply looked forward as he walked out the room shutting the door softly. For some reason even when she was alone y/n still felt the awkwardness linger. It'd been so long since her and he father had anthung close to a conversation with each other. Non the less, sighing she layed back on the couch where she sat and stared at the stars until she ended up back in her room to sleep.