chapter 36

The mood evidently dropped as y/n turned away with a bitter look on her face, jungkooks head hung low, he woke up feeling surprisingly good this morning and now the mention of last night completely tore his mood down. Ara sighed.

She hoped for him not to ask infront of everyone but alas he did exactly that. Knowing neither y/n nor jungkook would tell him left her no choice. "He returned last night...idk how he found us but y/n delt with him". "What!? Why didn't anyone tell me"? He turned to y/n. "I hope u used your sense and dealt with him properly and why didnt u tell me i expect better from u".

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Well maybe instead of going out at any hour u wish to meddle in my business u could stay at home and keep watch over your family then u wouldn't have to expect anything from me, and I dealt with him how I saw fit, that's not your business". "Y/N! Watch your mouth with me girl"! He said roughly as he stood up making y/n smirk.

Shaking her head she stood up aswell. "What are u gonna do if I don't watch my mouth hm? Slap me? Beat me"? She laughed sarcastically. "Go ahead, It wouldn't be the first time, it won't make me change myself either so watch yourself Mr.Jeon . The things I do isn't any of your business so know where your priorities are, I live my life u live yours get your hands out of my work".

With that she walked away and left the house slamming the door.

Jeon stood there with his blood boiling, jungkook had long lost his appetite so he got up and left to his room. Soojin saw no point in interfering so she left the house to go about her business. Turning to Jeon Ara punched his shoulder. "What the hell was that Jeon"? She asked agitated. "The morning started so well, y/n finally stayed back with us and u just had to say all that to her".

"Because she's irresponsible, what if something happened I would've never known". Ara punched him again making him step back as she stepped forward. "Something did happen and u know what she handled it better than anyone else possibly could've, that was my ex husband not hers, she doesn't know how she only knew what happened in the moment. If anyone was to inform u about the nights events it was to be me".

"But I didn't because I didn't want to drag bad memories, but I guess my thinking was wrong. She's not irresponsible she's smart, she knew he had things to him which didn't lead to any good in mine and jungkooks minds so she kept hush and let that moment stay where it was. She's right, all u do is corrupt her work, stop going out all such obscene hours and tampering in her work".

"She's professional she knows what she's doing she doesn't need u adding to the pressure on her shoulder Jeon. Let the child handle herself, she's doing just fine and that's without u going around like you're a puppeteer and you're pulling her strings to make her go according to what u want".

"There was no need to insult her way of thinking when it came to situations either, she dealt with him well and even if she wished to tell u about the events of last night she couldn't because right after she had to run out in the cold behind jungkook to ensure he didn't get harmed after running out of the house by the time they got back u were there with me. So tell me now, what do u have to say huh"?

Jeon remained silent. His anger long gone, atleast the anger he felt towards y/n was gone. Now the only anger left was that which he felt towards himself. Sitting down he sighed deeply and massaged his forehead. "Will I ever be good for my daughter Ara"? He asked by his tone alone she could know he felt defeated.

"U can be u just need to learn how to interact with her without pushing her buttons to make her tip off. There's alot that child has inside of her hiding the day she's had enough you'll see a totally different person in her....so take it from me now...don't let that day come...play your cards correctly honey otherwise u just might go bankrupt and she'll have it all...this time. Without u there to linger around her because i can guarantee u, the things she capable of saying can destroy your image of yourself. From what you've told me about your past. There is no easy way out of this dear".

With that she cleaned up the table and left him there alone to think.