chapter 22

Removing y/n's shirt jungkook took his time cleaning her various wounds as y/n layed on the couch feeling lifeless just staring into space. She'd hiss every once in a while due to the sting of the cleanser on her wounds making jungkook pull away and blow on it to ease the pain.

Soon he was done getting rid of what materials he used he put back away the little first aid kit he found in y/n's office. Looking around he saw the shattered glass on the floor, sighing he was about to get out of the office and get stuff to clean it up but y/n's horse voice stopped him. "Don't leave". Looking back at her he saw her tired eyes gazing at him.

"I need to clean the glass". Y/N shook her head. "I'll tell someone to clean it tomorrow, don't go". Sighing in defeat jungkook walked to y/n sitting right beside her head on the edge of the couch he ran his hand down from her temple to her jaw cupping one side of her face. "Neither u nor your mother deserved anything that happened back then...I understand why you'd hold your father to that happening and no longer have a good connection with him, but baby...don't blame yourself".

"You were a child then, u tried to reach out to her but she chose not to let u in, why? For the same reason u were a kid she didn't want u seeing her condition I'm sure, I know what u saw in the end was far worse than having to see her cry but not getting to her in time was never your fault, u didn't fail. Who knows, if she hadn't left that day maybe she would've had to suffer even more heart breaks down the line and that would've made life even more worse for not just u but her aswell".

"As a child even an as an adult having to witness the death of someone u love is traumatic so I understand why it was so hard for u to talk about with me moreover anyone else but that's not my point. I'm glad u opened up to me and let me know how u were really feeling, now I can help u try to work past your trauma and see a better side of life, to start with, I want u to realize you were never at fault. It was never your duty to keep her alive, ofcourse u would have wanted her to stay but she made her decision fully well knowing she was leaving her daughter. But...I'm sure she knew u could handle yourself hence she did what she did without second thought."

"Your father ofcourse was the wrong one as u said he shouldn't have cheated on such a wonderful woman but he did and this was the result of that". Y/N's tears silently flowed listening to jungkooks words as he continued to Carress her face. "I know u miss her who wouldn't she's your mother but u can't let the trauma consume your life baby, she's where she can be happy and look over u and now u need to proseper in your life and not look back. It's a tough thing to digest but you'll get there...I'll make sure of it".

Looking at y/n jungkooks heart clenched seeing her tears. Making her sit up he carefully took his place back on her lap and let her cuddle into the warmth of his skin as she cried silently. Holding her securely he strocked her jet black hair. "Shh, don't cry, it doesn't suit u". He rocked her in his arms as best as possible until she calmed down. Then he dropped the next big question on her taking her by surprise but she remained calm.