wilderness

It was so damn dark. I was I was paranoid that we were going to run into a tree. Tord still held onto my hand as we kept running. He was obviously panting.

"Tord, let's stop for a second." I tugged on his hand. He slowed down and leaned on a nearby tree, huffing and puffing. I powered on my phone and turned on the flashlight option. I placed my phone in my turtleneck. The brightness of the flashlight caused Tord to shield his eyes.

"Argh! Jesus." He shrieked. I laugh while digging through my bag.

"What are you, a vampire?" I teased. Tord rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. I handed him a bottle of water. He opened it and immediately started chugging.

"Save some, man. We're gonna be out here for days." I reminded him. Tord closed the lid and sat down.

"Man, its cold." He mumbled, visibly shaking.

"For real." I agreed. I checked the time on my phone.

"It's 2." I announced. Tord groaned.

"Noo...." he cried. I stand up.

"Let's just settle here and rest. Cmon, let's get some wood to start a fire." I said. I take Tord's hand and drag him along with me. I place my phone down with the flash still on to make sure we don't get lost. I see Tord pull out his phone and turn on his flashlight. He walks in front of me, leading the way.

"So, how did you know where my room was?" I asked.

"What?" Tord said, dumbfounded.

"Y'know, when you climbed into my room through the window." I told him. Tord made a small 'oh'.

"Lucky guess. I had my gun ready if it wasn't actually you in there. And your window was for some reason the only one open." He explained.

"Right..." I mumbled. We walked a little longer until we found some sticks and a chunk of wood. It took us several minutes to finally reach the camp. I pick up my phone.

"Damn! It's hot." I pointed out. Despite that, I placed it on my face, trying to get some warmth. Tord placed the wood we collected on the ground and pulled out a lighter. Just like that, flames erupted from the wood and granted us with warmth. I lean in closer to the fire.

"This is nice." I smiled. Tord nodded and leaned his head on my shoulder. I jerk away.

"You're freezing, man!" I exclaimed. Tord laughed and grabbed me, pulling me into his chest.

"God..." I muffled. I wrap my arms around Tord, feeling safe and now warm. I purposely let us fall to the ground. Tord busted out laughing.

"What is happening right now?!" He said between his laughter. I climg onto him and close my eyes, attempting to fall asleep. Tord's laughter dies down as he also tries to fall asleep.

I woke up shivering and cold. I noticed that Tord left his fur coat on top of me. I couldn't help but smile from that. I look around and see Tord snacking on some food. He turns towards me.

"Oh! You're awake! Cmon, we're going to leave soon." He told me. I nod and dig through my bag and pull out some chips. I munch on them for a few minutes while Tord discarded his food in his backpack. We were back on the unknown trail, nothing but walking.  We kept walking for a few minutes until Tord started up a conversation.

"Man, this really blows, huh?" He complained. I shrugged.

"Your idea. Therefore, your fault." I blamed. Tord frowned and it caused me to feel bad.

"I'm sorry." I said, hugging him. Tord froze in place. I look up and see him looking to the side, clearly blushing. He coughed and I instantly pulled my arms back.

"Sorry again." I apologized. Tord shook his head.

"I should've thought his through. We won't be in the city until tomorrow or the day after." He said. I sigh.

"Well, let's just run." I suggest. Tord raised an eyebrow.

"Jaiden, I-" Before I could let him continue, I took off my coat and stuffed it into my bag.

"No way you're actually going through with this..." Tord mumbled. I stick my tongue out at him and tie my hair.

"See you on the other side." I grinned. I get into a running position but before I can actually run, Tord stopped me.

"Okay, fine." He gave in, taking off his coat as well. I grin and sprint off. It felt so nice to run in such cold weather. Tord catches up to me and we both run at a decent pace.

"I never got your age." Tord said out of the blue. I was softly panting.

"I'm 19, what about you?" I asked.

"19? I thought you were at least 18. You're short." Tord teased. I glare at him.

"Your age?" I repeated. Tord grinned.

"20. I'm a year older then you." He answered. I give him a small hum and we continue talking.

"I would've hoped that your dads height would rub off on you. He's taller then my dad, man." Tord ranted.

"I'm only 5'3, chill." I barked. His eyes widen.

"5'3?!?! And I thought I was short..." He mumbled. I roll my eyes. I felt Tord staring at me so I look at him.

"Y'know, you're like a stereotypical tsundere." He blurted out. Unbelievable. I scoffed.

"Hell na. Get your weird anime shit outta here." I said, running faster to get away from Tord. He caught up to me.

"Okay, okay. But cmon, I know you love me~" He cooed.

"Hell na. I'm not dating a crusty ass white boy." I yelled. Tord just laughed.

"Damn, chill. You're half white also." Tord argued.

"Yeah but everytime I joke about being white, people look at me like I'm a lunatic." I fought back. Tord chuckled.

"Okay, let's switch the topic." He replied.

"I need a break." I groaned, falling into the snow. I was panting so much. I was exhausted.

"We ran for like 30 minutes, Jaiden." Tord said.

"That was NOT 30 minutes." I cried. Tord laughed.

"Yeah your right, we ran for like 2 hours. Not bad." Tord smiled. I reach my hand towards my duffle bag but Tord slides it away.

"Ah, ah, ah~" He teased.

"Bastard." I insulted him.

"Give me a kiss first, then you'll have your precious water." He smirked. I automatically wanted to scream at him, but I just gave Tord a warm smile. His smile dropped for a moment before I grabbed his cheeks and gave me a quick peck on his lips. He sat there, dumbfounded and red. I just digged through the bag and chugged my water.

"W-wha- I- You-" Tord stuttered. I just busted out into laughter.

"What? I gave you what you wanted!"