The beginning

Monday- 12:35 p.m

"Mi cyah badda enuh!"
Kenya says, picking up her phone that fell out of her bag while searching for the keys to her new apartment.
Dumping everything onto the floor, the key falls out and she picks it up
"Finally!"
She says as she is excited to move into her first apartment

She opens the door and she looks around. As she looks around,  she manages to stay calm but her subconscious is doing backflips.

Feeling proud of herself for coming this far, she takes out her phone to take a picture

"My first apartment. Crossing this off my bucket list!"
She captions the picture and posts it on her Instagram story.

She had the apartment decorated before she moved in.
It would take too much work unpacking my clothes, moving around furnitures and appliances and me just wah get shit done as soon as me move, mi ready fi this!

"Alright, time fi pack up me clothes dem".
She says to her self, dragging big garbage bags filled with clothes into her room and starts unpacking.

Her phone starts ringing, she takes the phone out of her pocket and see's
*Best🔐🤞🏽*calling on FaceTime

"Yuh reach????" her bestfriend says excitedly

"Yes girl, come, mi nuh wah show yuh over the phone, mi wah give yuh a full tour"

"Alright mi a come, send eh location"

She hangs up and Kenya sends the location to Candice on WhatsApp.

Candice has been my  best friend for the past 5 years, She moved to Kingston last year with her boyfriend Cj.

15 minutes later, An Audi pulls up into the front yard. It's Candice.

Candice screams as she's running into the apartment and hugs Kenya

"In yah nice eeeh, Wow, the decor is amazing... You did your thing!"

She says as she takes out her phone snapping Kenya

"If yuh nuh have yuh own a place yet, ya bat! Eh gyal dem navv nhun over mi fren!"

"Dat mi know!" I say laughing.

As Candice is creating excitement and carrying on...Kenya zones out and for a moment, she felt a warm feeling in her chest, she's proud of her self as she came a long way on her own.

She lived in Montego Bay with her mother, With her being the only child and her father being a deadbeat. Her mother made sure she had everything she wanted. She lacked nothing growing up.
Her mother saw to it.

Kenya snaps back to reality and looks at Candice.

"Im so proud of you my love, This is your next big step and as you take even bigger steps, I'll be right by you congratulating you!"

Candice says and in that moment, I got emotional.

"Thank you"  I say with tears building up but I manage to hold them back and I lean in for a hug.

"We aguh celebrate tonight, Mi a go home guh finish up some things and by 11:00 mi a come pick yuh up" Candice says

"Your car or mine?"
I say with a smirk, hoping she catches on to my flex.

Before I moved, my mom bought me a black Mercedes Benz as a gift for my birthday last month.

Candice rolls her eyes and says "Cj ago drop we off and pick we up back, When mi gah club mi drink fi drunk, we cya go drive girl"

"Rumm pleeaassee" I say mocking the tiktok sound as me and Candice bursts into laughter.

She leaves and I finish packing my clothes into the drawers.

I finished packing around 2:15 and as soon I finished, I took nap.

********************************************
Hey guys, I'm the author for this book.
I'd rather stay unknown so you guys can call me "Mrs Author" 🤣

Thank you for finishing the first chapter!
I'll publish a chapter daily
Keep reading!
It only gets better

Please vote ⬇️
Thank you again🫶🏽