Chapter 18

Ashlynn's POV,

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get paint out of grass? Let me tell you, it's almost as hard as getting it out of your hair.

I have been standing in my shower for an hour and a half, gone through an entire bottle of shampoo, and I still can't get this stupid green paint out of my hair. Once I get my hands on the brunette with the name of Easton, I will hurt him so bad he will be saying his name backwards for the rest of his life.

Giving up I step out of my now cold shower. Putting on a pair of blue pajama pants and a white singlet, I grab a brush and walk out of my bathroom.

As I am wrestling to get my now stuck brush out of my green freckled hair, I stop in my tracks.

In the middle of my bed there sat a single white rose, attached to the rise was a note.

"Live... like heaven is on earth.
Love... like you have never been hurt.
Laugh... like no one is listening.
Sing... as if no one can hear.
Dance... as if no one is watching.
Dream... like there are no impossibilities.
Play... like there are no winners.
Give... like you have plenty.
Smile... till your face hurts.
Cherish... your friends and family everyday.
-Mark Twain.

Ashlynn,
Life will push you down, it's your choice is you're going to get back up, and we will help you, I will help you. You're not as alone as you think you are. It was amazing to see you smile this afternoon, you don't do it enough.

My eyes burned with unshed tears. There was no signature at the end, but it doesn't make the words any less powerful.

Leaving my room, I went to the kitchen and grabbed two mason jars. Running back upstairs I filled one with water, placing the single white rose inside of it. Rolling up the note I dropped it inside of the other jar. Screwing the lid on I set both jars on the nightstand beside my bed. Picking up the brush I dropped, I went in search of Ember.

I found her sitting in the living room with Kian, watching Tangled of all movies. What a coincidence. When they looked up at me both of them
burst out laughing.

"Lynn, you have some green stuff in your hair." Kian said through his fit of giggles.

I nodded my head and turned to Ember, hoping my expression told her I needed help. When her laughter died down she patted the spot on the floor in front of her.

"Sit down, and give me the brush." she said with a smile.

Handing her the brush I sat cross legged in front of her. Gently she began moving the brush through my ratted green hair. By the time she was done, the green was gone and my hair was in a dark braid down my back.

Standing up I gave Ember a quick hug. Silently thanking her for the help.

"You're more than welcome sweetheart, I'm glad I could help. We should do something soon, just the two of us. how about we go shopping together sometime soon?" She asked me.

I nodded my head, I needed to go somewhere other than to school and back to the house. Shopping would be fun.

"Great, I'll let you know when we can go."

With another quick hug, I went back up to my room. It wasn't long before sleep over came me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

Sorry yet again about the late update and the short chapter, I have recently been having writers block on how to get things to fit together. It's getting better I promise. So how was it? Who do you think is writing the notes? What do you think the purpose of them are? Please comment with your thoughts. It would mean a lot.

Question: Summer is almost here what are your plans?

I would love to hear about them. I'm going down the river for a week it should be a lot of fun.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Bye,

~L3xi