Chapter 10

Easton's POV

I had successfully avoided Ashlynn for the rest of the school day, but I couldn't help but keep an eye on her. It wasn't until I was walking to my hummer that I saw there was a problem.

Ashlynn was standing a few feet away smiling sweetly at none other than Tamara. The problem is Tamara was giving her a death glare.

I don't know what exactly came over me, but the next thing I knew I was standing behind her.

"They're going to make it there goal in life to destroy you" I said once I was standing behind her, she jumped a little and turned to face me. She was so much smaller than I thought.

After a moment she pulled out her board and wrote...

'That would work if I cared, and it's not like I have anything left to destroy anyway'

My mind went blank, did she really think that she had nothing left to lose?

She looked once more at Tamara, before walking right past me and to the car. I continued to stand there in shock as she walked away.

After pulling myself together I followed her to the hummer and hopped behind the wheel.

Zander's car was already in the drive way when we pulled up, meaning Kian was already inside. Ashlynn seemed to realize this as well because she took a deep breath before getting out of the car.

Kian has really taken a liking to Ashlynn, he is constantly dragging her up to play games with him. The poor girl just can't say no to him.

"Lynn come play with me!" Kian shouted as he dragged her up the stairs behind him. See what I mean?

I followed them up the stairs before turning towards my bedroom. Opening my black door I took a step inside. Dropping my bag on my black comforter, I turned to head back down stairs.

My plan was to go to the kitchen for something to eat, that all changed when something ran into me, or should I say someone?

Ashlynn stayed against my chest, it wasn't until the shock of her against me wore off that I realized she was crying. Wrapping my arms around her, I felt her stiffen. When she leaned back a little to look at me I felt like I got punched in the gut. Her captivating blueish eyes were full of tears.

"Are you okay?" I asked even though it was quite obvious that she wasn't. She didn't answer me, tears just continued to leave trails down her cheeks.

Understanding that no she wasn't okay, I nodded my head and slipped an arm under her knees. As I carried her to her room I realized how tiny and natural she felt in my arms.

Sitting down on her bed I placed her in my lap. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her quietly.

She just shook her head and continued to cry into my chest. We sat there for about fifteen minutes before her crying stopped and she fell asleep.

Trying my best not to disturb her, I placed her on the bed and pulled the covers over her before walking out of the room.

First I walked into Kian's room in hopes of finding answers. He was sitting on his bed staring at the wall.

"I didn't mean to make her upset Easton, I put just dance in and she ran out of the room." He whispered, his eyes starting to water.

"It's not your fault Kian." I stayed in reassurance, but what puzzles me was why she got so upset about a game.

When Kian nodded I took it as a sign that it was okay to leave.

Heading to the kitchen to get something to eat, like I was going to do before I got distracted by Ashlynn. As I was at the table eating some Mac and cheese my mom walked in, and by the look on her face it wasn't something good.

"Hey honey the results from your last appointment came in today, and it seems to have gotten worse. If it doesn't get better soon we are going to have to look into transplants."

After a few more words of comfort and reassurance, she left the kitchen. I continued to sit there for a few moments and all of my anger and frustration just continued to build.

Why did this have to happen to me? What did I do wrong?

Not being able to take it any longer I stood up and walked out of the kitchen. Only to smack into someone again. my blood was boiling as I looked down to see Ashlynn standing there. Without thinking I said the first thing that came to my head.

"Seriously, would you watch where you are going?" I snapped as I pushed her out of my way, and walking past her, but not without seeing the hurt that flashed in her eyes.

As I was walking up to my room, I could already tell I was going to regret doing that later, but as of right know I just couldn't bring my self to care.

With that thought I slammed my bed room door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Please don't be shy, tell me what you think. I want to make sure my story is good enough to keep writing. None of these chapters have been edited, so if you see any mistakes would you please point them out to me? Thanks!!!

Question: What do you think Tamara should do to destroy Ashlynn's life? I'm going to need a few ideas, and I will give shout outs to those that I like best. Let me see just how evil you guys can be!!!

Oh and btw I am thinking of starting a new story in addition to this one. It is going to be called Behind the Mist and will be in the paranormal category.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Thanks so much and keep reading

Love ya,

~L3xi