Chapter 19

'Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.'
- Martha Graham

Ashlynn,
You hold in so much emotion, I can see it in your eyes. You don't need your voice to speak, you just need your heart, and someone willing to listen. I will listen. We all will. Please I'm begging you, don't shut us out to the pain you are feeling. I know it hurts like hell, but we're here to help you through it.

Just like all of the other notes that I had gotten in the past three weeks, this one yet again brought tears to my eyes. Taking the dead roses out of the vase on my night stand, I replaced them with the new white rose that was attached to the note. Just like the other twenty had been.

Who ever was sending them to me had yet to write a signature at the bottom. I wish I could say that I knew who it was, but it seemed like all of the boys in the house were avoiding me like the plague.

I still saw them at school, and when we were eating dinner, but they all acted differently around me. I was beginning to think it was because they had finally realized that I couldn't talk. Either that or the rumors had finally gotten to them and they decided it would be best to just keep their distance. Both possibilities hurt, but I guess it was just better for all of us that way.

Putting the note on the cork board with all of the others. I walked into my closet to grab a fresh pile of clothes to change into. As I was searching for a pair of jean shorts, my foot kicked a bag that rested on the floor.

Looking down, my black and baby blue dance bag, sat at the bottom of my feet. taking a deep breath I dropped the shirt and jacket that I was holding and grabbed the bag at my feet instead.

Sitting down on my neatly made bed, I set the bag in my lap. The bag its self was mostly black, my name was stitched in baby blue in the center of the bag, just below the logo of my dance company. Running my fingers over the satin pointe shoe design, I opened the bag its self.

Inside was what you would find on almost any serious dancers bag. There was a variety of leotards in multiple designs and colors, pink tights, bra tops, booty shorts, a pair of sweats, leg warmers, and a light jacket.

Taking all of the clothes out I placed them one bed to wash. They were all clean, but they had been sitting in my bag for almost three months.

Opening the bottom of the bag where I kept all of my shoes. I first pulled out my ballet slippers. The worn pink leather, felt good under my fingers. Setting them down I moved onto the next pair of shoes my jazz shoes. These ones were black, but I also had a pair of nude ones. Both were slip-ons with a centimeter tall heal. Next I pulled out my foot undies. They are exactly what the sounded like. Little pieces of material that covered the ball of my foot, like flip flops these had a small piece of material that rested between my first two toes. Now there was only one kind of shoe left. My pointe shoes.

Hesitantly I pulled my Russian Pointes out. I had three pairs of them. Two for practice and one pair for show. The satin was falling off of the tips of all of them, my practice shoes worse that the performance ones.

When I felt the first tear fall down my cheek, I gently put my shoes back in my bag. Picking up all of my dance clothes I walked out of my bedroom and headed towards the laundry room, only to run into the chest of the Tearin knows as Easton.

"Hey, let me help you with that" Before I could protest, he had grabbed the bundle out of my arms.

Following him into the laundry room, I watched as he threw the load in the washer and pressed start.

With a small smile I turned and walked back into my room. Getting the clothes that I had set on the floor of my closet, I stepped into my bathroom.

After standing under the steaming water for a half hour, I quickly dried off and changed. Walking into my room I was shocked to find Easton spread out across my bed.

When her heard me enter he sat up and smiles at me. When I just stood there he began to look a little nervous.

"Okay so I know you are wondering why the crap I am in your room, but the truth is I have a surprise for you."

I raised my eyebrow at him. Why would he have a present for me? He had been avoiding me like the plague for the last couple of days.

"Come here" he said Patting the spot on the bed next to him. Slowly I walked over and say down.

"Okay so I recently went down to the community college we have here in town, and I discovered something that might help you."

Leaning forward to show that I was listening, I motioned with my hand for him to continue. Scratching the back of his neck he smiles shyly.

"I signed the two of us up for sign language classes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

Sorry about the wait, I've been busy. so what did you think. Who guessed that they were going to do something with sign language? Tell me what you thought.

Question: What song do you think would be a great slow dance song? Why?

I may use your songs later in the story. So comment with your answers.

Okay so I am starting to edit and add more detail to the beginning chapters. So I apologize if the updates only get slower.

Anyway I hope you are having a great summer.

Comment

Vote

Follow

~L3xi