Chapter 24

Easton's POV

When the blind fold dropped Ashlynn sucked in a breath, her hand came up to cover her mouth, and I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

Taking a step back I allowed her to take it all in, the floor, the ceiling, the walls everything. When she did finally turn to look at me her eyes widened and tears streamed down her cheeks and onto the floor.

Within seconds I was at her side. It broke my heart that something so simple as remodeling a room could mean so much to someone.

"Oh gorgeous, no more tears" I whispered to her as I wiped her crying eyes with the pads of my thumbs, collecting her salty tears. Without thinking I found myself leaning towards her. My lips connected with her wet eyelashes as I placed a small kiss on her eyelids.

"Come here" I whispered holding my arms open to her. It only took a second before I felt her tiny body jump into my arms. With tears still streaming down her cheeks, she buried her face into the crook of my neck, and wrapped her legs tightly around my waist. My left hand subconsciously moved itself until it was tangled in her dark locks. With my other arm I held her closer to me.

Hours could have passed and we both would have been totally oblivious. Wrapping my hands around her tiny waist I lifted her off of me. As soon as her feet hit the ground her already flushed cheeks became more red. Looking down at her feet in what I would assume to be embarrassment Ashlynn took a couple seps away from me.

Grabbing her hand I gently pulled her back to me. Her eyes, however, remained glued to the new hard wood floor beneath our feet. Placing my fingers under her chin, I tried to coax her into meeting my eyes, but being the stubborn girl she is she refused.

"Come on Angel, show me those beautiful blue eyes of yours" I encouraged again placing my hands on either side of her cheeks and tilting her head up so I could once again see her eyes. Although tears could still be seen in her eyes, she refused to let them fall.

My eyes dropped to her lips before moving back up to her eyes, ever so slowly I leaned in closer, making sure to give her time to turn away or stop me, Christ I hoped she wouldn't. I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice only to have the same result as last time. Brushing my lips lightly against hers I pulled back slightly, but this time she was the one to pull me back in. Crushing her lips to mine.

I was slightly shocked that she would pull me in for another kiss, but I did my best to hide it from her. When she pulled back she raised her fingers to her chin before moving them downwards, the sign for thank you.

"You are so welcome Ashlynn. I knew that you needed this. When you ran out of the game room crying because Kian put in just dance I knew something was up. Later that night Derrick, Tate, and Kian came into my room. When they played the video of you dancing I could see that you loved it, and then when you were going to wash your dance clothes with tears in your eyes I knew you still did. That was when I made myself promise that I would do everything I can to help you get back into it, and we are going to start right now."

I noticed her confusion as soon as the words left my mouth, but she didn't stay that way for long. The opening notes to the song that I picked after days of searching, poured out of the new speaker in the corner.

As Sam Smiths 'Stay With Me' flowed through the speakers and made it's way to us, I offered my hand out to Ashlynn.

"Ashlynn, will you do me the honor and dance with me." My heart pounded against my chest as she nodded slightly and placed her small, trembling hand into my outstretched one.

Taking a deep breath I bent down slightly to pick up her other hand, I slowly moved them until they were wrapped loosely around my neck. Placing my hands on her waist I pulled her closer to me, and swayed gently to the melody.

As the song ended and the next one came on, Ashlynn began to relax into me. That is where we stayed, swaying gently like leaves in the wind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas,

Sorry again about the late update, I have been busy, and I'm struggling with some writers block. Tell me what you think and what you think should happen next.

Question: What are your favorite books on wattpad?

I have been having a hard time finding some and would greatly appreciate your recommendations.

Comment

Vote

Fan

Share

Love you guys,

~L3xi