Chapter 30

Ashlynn's POV

That butthead. Just who does he think he is dropping a bomb like that on me and then just casually leaving the room like nothing happened. I stood in the same spot with my mouth wide open for a solid five minutes trying to comprehend what he was saying to me.

Snapping out of my shocked state I glanced at the clock in the corner of the room just above the stereo system. My eyes widened when I read the time. 4:42! That gives me maybe two hours to get ready.

Racing down the stairs at neck breaking speed I said a prayer hoping that I didn't miss a step and come crashing down, actually causing me to break my neck.

Luck must have been on my side. When I reached the solid hard wood floor beneath me I sprinted into my room. Clearing the door behind me I headed towards the bathroom.

Stripping out of my sweat soaked clothing I stepped into a barely warm shower. One of the many jobs of a dancer is to make the dance look like it takes no effort at all. This would be a lot easier to do if your body wasn't drenched in sweat.

Making sure that I took the time to wash my hair twice and shave my legs before scrubbing my self down with another round of body wash I hopped out of the shower and rubbed my body down with a towel.

Pulling my robe on and wrapping my hair in the towel I used to dry off the rest of my body, I stepped out of the bathroom.

Task number two: I needed to find something to wear.

Stepping into my closet I was so focused on debating what outfits I could wear that I didn't even notice Ember standing there waiting for me.

"I can't believe it!" She squealed running up to me and pulling me into a hug.

"My boy has finally grown a pair and asked a girl on a date. And that girl just so happened to be my almost daughter." Ember was practically jumping up and down with excitement.

I wouldn't exactly say that Easton asked me to go on a da... Did she just say Easton has never gone on a date before?

A sinister smile made its way across my face. So the pretty boy doesn't have the kind of experience the kids at school thinks he does. This could be fun.

Once Ember has stopped bouncing she turns to face the clothes handing in my closet. Because winter was just around the corner I couldn't just walk around in a pair of shorts and a cute top.

Ember seemed to realize the same thing as she pulled out a black tank top and my army green jacket. Shoving those two things into my arms she walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of ripped skinny jeans. Throwing those at me as well she proceeded to push me into the bathroom so I could change.

Pulling my new outfit on I hung my robe on the door and walked into my room. Grabbing the brush off my bedside table I sat in my bed to brush my hair.

As soon as the last knot was out of my hair, Ember once again grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathroom. Stirring me down on the toilet seat she took the hair dryer out of my bottom drawer. Once my hair was dry enough to work with but not so dry that it was frizzy. Ember pulled my hair into a messy braid before twisting it in a way that made it take the shape of a rose. Adding a few bobby pins and using enough hair spray to get high she declared my hair was done.

Turning me around she then just stared at me for a few seconds. Before I could blink she was gone, and returned only a few seconds later with a small, flat container in her hand.

"I'm assuming will all the dance you know how to put on fake eyelashes." She said in a rush as she shoved the box at me.

I just nodded my head and turned towards the mirror to put them on. If you only learn one thing in dance it's how to put on fake eyelashes. Usually they only go on after the eyeshadow has reached your eyebrows, and said eyebrows are painted on. It's all to make you look like you have a face on stage. Those lights could make Jackie Robinson look like he was born and raised in Ireland. 

"You look beautiful" Ember said when I turned around. Small tears began forming in the corner of her eyes.

"I have always wanted a daughter, and now I have one. Although it's not under ideal situations I'm glad you are now part on the family." Tears now
Streamed down her cheeks as she pulled me into a hug.

"Now get down there and make Easton drool." She said with a laugh as she led me out of my room. At the last second I grabbed my black infinity scarf and pulled in around my neck.

Taking a deep breath I made my decent down stairs. Easton and the rest of the family was standing at the bottom.

"Finally! You took forever! I am never going to ask a girl on a date if they take this long." Exclaimed Kian before he ran past me and up the stairs.

With a small laugh Easton reached his hand towards me. Placing my much smaller hand in his he raised it causing me to spin gracefully under our arms.

"You look gorgeous" he whispered.

'Thank you. You look great too' I signed to him. And let me tell you great is not even close to the word I would have used if my stupid brain wasn't completely blank of all rational thought.

He was wearing a pair of dark wash jeans that hugged his legs like a mother hugs her new born child, tightly yet still loose.

The white button up shirt he wore hugged his muscular arms and torso. I couldn't imagine what he would look like in a tuxedo.

His dark hair looked like it was once combed and stilled, but now it held evidence of him running his hands through it.

"Are you guys going to leave? Or are you just going to undress each other with your eyes?" Derrick asked causing his mother to smack the back of his head.

Derrick screaming ouch broke Easton and I out of the trance we were in.

"Are you ready to go?" Easton asked me. With a nod he grabbed my hand and we made our way through the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,
I'm sorry guys. I'm hoping to update more often, but I make no promises. I'm currently rewriting previous chapters and plan to post the new version after this one is done.

Question: What are you looking forward to most in the Christmas season?

For all you book lovers out there the following websites are for free book giveaways. Who doesn't love free books. Just copy and paste it in your URL.

http://www.beccahamiltonbooks.com/giveaways/big-box-of-paperbacks-giveaway-win-a-mini-library-with-62-pnr-and-uf-books/?lucky=331232

http://www.beccahamiltonbooks.com/giveaways/win-54-paperback-books-and-a-starbucks-gift-basket-in-our-books-coffee-giveaway/?lucky=323188

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks,
~ L3xi