Chapter 25

Two and a half weeks have passed since Easton surprised me with the refurbished dance studio. We continued to go to sign language classes three times a week, and we are starting to get a little better.

I wish I could say I had to be dragged out of the dance studio up stairs to do things such as go to school and sleep, but it wasn't true. I haven't been able to convince my legs to move up the stone staircase to get to the third floor. When I was there with Easton it was different, I wasn't focusing on my father and how he was the reason I started in the first place.

Speaking of Easton; we have been getting closer and closer as the days pass. We aren't like dating or anything, but I'm with him more than I'm with anyone else in the family. He doesn't feel the need to constantly fill the air with conversation, we can sit in comfortable silence when needed.

The same can't exactly be said about Derrick. Don't get me wrong Derrick is great, he just never shuts up. That added to the fact that I can't talk, makes for quite a long one sided conversation.

"Miss Gray!" The obnoxious  voice of my history teacher Mrs. Randell pulled me out of my thoughts. The large dose of annoying that was mixed with her natural nasally voice, and the fact that everyone in the class was trying to hold back laughter made it quite clear that this wasn't the first time she called my name.

"When and why did the Democratic Party adopt the the symbol of the donkey?" She asked me, her hard brown eyed staring right through me. I could feel heat rushing to my face as I shrugged my shoulders, the universal sign for I don't know. The smirk in her face only grew bigger.

"What a shame, maybe you would know the answer if you decided to pay attention. You are already a month and a half behind the rest of the class, it would be a shame to fall even farther behind." She said with a sickly sweet and slow voice, much like the one adults use when talking to a unintelligent child when they know they won't understand.

"Now class, does anyone know the answer to the question that Miss Gray didn't think was important enough to pay attention to?"

A hand at the front of the class shot up before Mrs. Randell could even finish her question.

With a nod of her head Mrs Randell gave the short red head girl in the front row permission to answer the question.

"The Democratic Party adopted the symbols of the donkey in the year 1828. The symbol was first received when president Andrew Jackson was running for office. He was the democratic nomination and his opponent called him a jackass, forever giving the Democratic Party the symbol of the donkey."

Shortly after the girl finished giving her answer the bell rang, but not before Mrs Randell congratulated her on her answer. Based of the looks on the faces of the other kids in the room they didn't know the answer to the question either.

Now pissed off at the fact that I was asked a question to purposely make me look like an idiot, I packed up my things and left the room of my newly least favorite class. I was greeted with the voice of yet another person out to ruin my life.

Ignoring Tamara's calls from down the hall I continued to walk towards my locker. Just one more class and I was home free.

"I guess it's true then, not only are you mute your deaf too." She laughed along with her brain washed followers, but that was the last area for me. Throwing my books down I marched right up to her and landed a well placed punch to the left eye.

It wasn't until she started screaming that I knew I was in big trouble.

*****

"Do you care to explain why you punched Tamara in the face." The Vice Principal asked me as I was sitting in his office.

I didn't answer, what was I going to say? She was being mean to me and calling me names? Way to sound like I was still eight years old. So instead I just looked down at the ground and shook me head. With a sigh he told me I could wait on the office until Ember arrived to get me.

The school had called her and told what happened, and what my punishment was for fighting. So I didn't need to tell her what had happened, but she asked me anyway, still not having an answer to what happened I shrugged my shoulders.

"You should know that fighting is never the answer, I hate to do this but I feel like I have too. Ashlynn I don grounding you for three weeks."

Pulling up to the house I just nodded my head and walked up to my room. I have never been grounded before, I never had s reason to be. But I knew that this time I deserved the punishment I got. Grounded for three weeks and a week of suspension.

On the bright side I will at least have time to catch up on the month and a half of history home work I have yet to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

I hope you like this chapter. I would like to dedicate it to @posessed_child for the comment she gave me in the last chapter. Although I am busy with school, soccer, and drumline I haven't been keeping up on this book like I should be.

Question: Do you ever wish you could just punch someone in the face? What makes you feel that way?

Comment

Vote

Share

Fan

Bye,

~L3xi

Mute To The Pointe Of Dancingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें