Chapter 27

The stone steps were freezing against my bare feet. A constant reminder that I could just go back to my room and jump back into my warm bed. When the nightmares replayed through my mind, however, I knew that that wasn't going to be an option.

Arriving on the third floor the wood boards under my feet creaked slightly under my weight, but not loud enough to wake anyone I don't think. As slowly as I physically could, I made my way passed the doors that lined either side of the hallway. I still arrived at my destination faster than I would have liked.

Now directly in front of me stood the door that led to the place I did my best to avoid ever since my father died. Twisting the frigid doorknob, I pushed open the door that led into the newly redone dance studio, and taking a deep breath took a step inside.

There was no moon in the sky tonight only thousands of stars that shinned dimly in the night sky due to the light pollution from the city. But never the less they were there.

Turning the half dollar sized knob on the wall, I turned the lights on until it reached a brightness where I could see, but not be blinded by a harsh light.

Walking over to the stereo system in the corner of the room, I plugged my phone in and scrolled through my music. Choosing a playlist full of songs played at a slower tempo, I made my way over to the barre mounted on the wall.

Stretching had always been one of my favorite things about dance. My flexibility is one of the things I used the most proud of. Everyone has a skill or talent that sets them apart from other dancers. I use my flexibility a lot in my dances, or at least I used to.

When the soft music came through the speakers and filled the room around me I gently placed my finger tips on the barre in front of me. Bending my right leg at the knee I then straightened it placing my ankle on top of the barre.

I remained in that position for a while, rotating my hips in and out to stretch other parts of my leg. Taking my left hand off the barre I bent sideways at the waist and grabbed my right toe. Taking my leg off the barre I did the same thing with my left.

I was there for about three hours, stretching the whole time. It had been a while since I had stretched and used my muscles for dancing. After three days your muscles begin to deteriorate, so it's going to take a while to get back to where I was.

When the first traces of light could be seen through the glass ceiling, my body was both physically and mentally tired. Walking over to the stereo system I turned off the music and unplugged my phone. Slowly walking down the stairs I made my way back into my room.

Heading inside the bathroom I strip out of my sweat covered clothes. Turning on the water I stepped under the hot water. I would have loved to take a cold shower, my body was already hot from being in the studio, but I had just stretched out my muscles and taking a cold shower would only cause them to become tight again.

After washing the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair, I covered my legs with some pomegranate mango body wash and carefully shaved them before covering the rest of my body with the same body wash.

Stepping out of the shower I put on a pair of clean pajamas. Due to the fact that I am suspended and can't go to school today, I don't see the point in actually getting ready. So with my black and pink plaid pajama bottoms and a white tank top on I once again crawled under the sheets and into my bed.

This time when I fell asleep I wasn't plagued with nightmares of my father and the car accident. In fact I didn't dream of anything at all. That is another thing that I love about dance, it totally wares you out. Enough so that your mind completely shuts down, and for that I'm glad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola,

What did you think about this chapter? She finally got back into the dance studio but she isn't actually dancing. Tell me what you think.

Omg this past week has been insane. I had 4 soccer games but played in 6 because our varsity goalies were unable to. We lost pretty bad in the varsity games but did well in JV.

Question: What do you think should happen next?

Comment with ideas.

Four more soccer games this week. Wish me luck.

Comment

Vote

Fan

Share

See you next week,

~L3xi