Chapter 11

Ashlynn's POV

My appetite disappeared after Easton snapped at me. Instead I went back up the stairs.

As I was pushing open the door to my bedroom, I noticed a set of spiral stairs down the hall. I hadn't been to the top floor at all yet. Closing the door to my room, I walked towards the stair case.

There was a thin layer of dust along the out sides of each step, showing that they weren't used much.

Taking a deep breath I stopped on the last step. A long hallway stood in front of me. There was a total of seven doors, three on the left, three on the right and one at the very edge of the hall.

All of the doors were a deep maroon color and sported a brass door nob. Walking up to the first door on the right, I grabbed the nob and pushed it open.

Inside were boxes labeled Christmas, Easter, and a few other holidays. moving to the door across the hall I opened the door to find it empty.

In the other rooms I found one full of art supplies and paintings. One with, a grande piano and multiple other instruments. An indoor basketball court, and another with a wrestling room.

The only door left was the one at the very end of the hall way. When I pushed that door open, my heart skipped a beat.

The floors were hard wood, but were more of a honey color. Mirrors covered two of the four walls. Barres were mounted on the third wall. The fourth had the door and a large speaker in one of the corners, above it was a television.

It was a dance studio, and it looked like the one I went to back home.

~~~~~~

Easton's POV

For the past twenty minutes I have been having an argument with myself about how I snapped at Ashlynn.

Half of me was thinking it was for the best, she has already lost so much. To say the other half didn't agree would be an understatement. It believed that I should go and apologize to her at this exact moment.

My inner battle stopped when Tate, Kian, and Derrick burst into my room.

"Easton you have to see this." Kian gasped as he tried to catch his breath.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"Well, I was feeling really bad about upsetting Lynn, so I went to talk to Derrick. Tate just happened to be in the room at the time. Anyway I was telling them what happened, and Tate said that he had overheard mom and dad talking about her and dance." Kian paused to catch his breath, and Tate picked it up from there.

"We typed in her name on Google, and it popped up with this."

Derrick handed me the computer that I just noticed he was holding, and on it was a video of a younger Ashlynn. She looked about thirteen, and was standing on a stage at what looked like a competition.

"Play it, we have seen it already" Derrick encouraged.

Taking a deep breath I hit play. What I say took my breath away.

It was Ashlynn, and she was at a competition, a dance competition to be exact.

Her brown hair had been straighten and was pulled back into a high ponytail. She was wearing a pair of black dance shorts, and a gold sequined bikini top like thing. The song she was dancing to was called Body Electric.

When the dance ended I was speechless.

"S-she's amazing" I stammered.

"We know, we had the exact same reaction" Tate agreed.

"This was her when she was thirteen, just imagine what she would be like now." Derrick said

"Yeah, but why did she run out of the room when I put I Just Dance?" Kian asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Her dad" I whispered, suddenly putting the pieces together. "Her dad like her best friend right?"

The other boys nodded, still confused.

"That means he was always there to support her, in that video it looked like she spent a lot of time dancing, and that she enjoyed it."

Derrick snapped his fingers finally getting where I was going with this.

"Now that her dad is dead, she feels like she can't dance, because he isn't there for her. Add on the fact that she has no voice anymore and she is like a shell of the person she was before." he finished.

"Guys we have got to get her dancing again, if we don't it's only going to get worse for her." Tate stated. "She has no way to express her feelings now."

"Okay, we need to create a plan" Kian grinned, ribbing his hands together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

Happy New Year guys!!! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. The boys finally figured out that she danced. What do you think there plan should be? Message me with your ideas. The ones I choose will get a dedication.

The dance Ashlynn was doing in this chapter is posted on the side. It is actually performed by a girl named Juliette Roberts. She is amazing.

This chapter is dedicated to my friend Morgan. She is awesome, she likes to write, but doesn't like others reading it. She is actually helping me with my other story, Behind The Mist.

Also thanks again to iamsofifi, for editing this story. you guys should check out her story, it's called Why I'm Not An Idiot.

Question: What do you look forward to most in the new year?

Until next time,

~L3xi