Chapter 23

Easton's POV

After weeks of planning, I have finally managed to work out the surprises I have for Ashlynn. My family supports me one hundred percent, and I couldn't be happier about it. The only problem is, I've been avoiding Ashlynn a lot. I can tell it's making her upset, but everything will work out. I hope.

'How was I going to tell her?' This question had been running through my head for a while now. It was the only thing I hadn't yet figured out.

As I was walking towards my bedroom, lost in thought, I ran into a body. Not just any body, I ran into Ashlynn.

We have really got to stop meeting like this, I mean it's getting a little out of hand.

I opened my to voice that thought, only to have it get caught in my throat.

She has been crying.

Ashlynn really didn't wear much for make up if she wore any at all. But it was easy to tell she had been crying, even without the trails of mascara running down her cheeks like most girls would have. Her red, watery eyes and wet eyelashes were clues enough.

I was just about to ask her what was wrong when I noticed the bundle in her arms. She was carrying her ballet clothes.

At first I thought she was going to throw them away, but her eyes were focused behind me, and at the laundry room.

Coming to my senses I took the load from her arms. The smell of her perfume made its way to my nose and I couldn't help but inhaling more of it.

"Let me help you with that" I said when my voice finally made its way out of my mouth. Turning on my heal I walked towards the washing machine.

Pulling open the door I placed her clothes in the wash before adding the correct amount of detergent and fabric softener.

After giving me a small smile, Ashlynn turned and walked out of the room before I had a chance to talk to her.

I stood there for a few minutes watching her walk away before taking a deep breath and following her.

When I arrived at her room I knocked on her door and waited. When she didn't come open it I slowly pushed it open only to hear the shower running. Walking inside I sat down on her bed and waited.

She came out of the bathroom a few minutes later dressed in jean shorts and a large sweatshirt. She stopped on her tracks as soon as she saw me.

"Okay so I know you are wondering why the crap I am in your room, but the truth is I have a surprise for you." I said after taking a deep breath, my heart was racing so fast. What if she doesn't like it?

She just stood there and looked at me with one eyebrow raised. No doubt wondering why I would have a gift for her.

"Come here" I said patting the spot on the bed next to me. Very slowly she made her way over and sat a few inches away from me. It was almost as if she thought I was going to lash out at her or something.

Looking down at my hands I told another deep breath and stared into her blue eyed.

"Okay so I recently went down to the community college we have here in town, and I discovered something that might help you."

She leaned towards me slightly, as it to tells she was listening and that I should continue. My hand went to the back of my neck, a habit when I get nervous. I looked at her and finally told her why I was there.