Chapter 20

"Welcome to Sign Language 1, I am Mr. Johnston, and I'm delighted to see you here."

I could barely stay in my seat, I was so excited. Today was the day I would learn to talk again. Even if it was only to Easton, it's better than the white board. Speaking of Easton, he was currently sitting right next to me, laughing at my enthusiasm as he had been all day. But I could tell he was excited as well.

"Alright class today we are going to start with the alphabet, and depending on how quickly things go we may move onto numbers. So let's get started."

Being that we were starting with the alphabet the first letter we started with was A. Mr. Johnston instructed us to put our right hand into a fist, leaving our thumb on the side of our index finger.

"Very good class." Mr. Johnston said as he made his way around the class room. "Now do the same thing with your left hand. Even though you only use one hand when signing the alphabet it is best to know it on both hands."

After checking our left hands, we moved onto B and C and so on. By the end of the class everyone has a rough outline of what the alphabet looked like. Personally I still got confused with M, N, and T. They were so similar. Easton was questioning why the letter R looker like an X and why X looked like an R.

"It's just not right." He complained as we got into the car to head back home.

*****

"Ashlynn were leaving" Derrick shouted up the stairs. Checking my self in the mirror one last time, I grabbed my backpack and white board, and walked out to the car.

As we were pulling out of the drive way I notices someone was missing. 'Where is Easton?' I wrote on my white board and passed it to Blake.

"He is staying home today, something about not feeling good." Nodding my head I looked out the window.

Getting out of the car we all broke off into different directions. Tegan was waiting for me at my locker.

"Hey Ash, we should have a girls night tonight. My parents are out of town so it's just me. We can order pizza watch movies. What do you say?"

'Sure let me just text Ember' I pull out the new phone that the Tearins gave me when I moved in. Sending her a quick text I put my phone back in my pocket, and Tegan and I headed to class.

*****

"Okay, we have chips, drinks, movies, popcorn, and candy, all we need now is the ice cream." Tegan and I were shopping for out girls night. I was fairly certain that we were both going to gain about five pounds from this. Walking down the ice cream isle, Tegan pulled a quart of mint chocolate chip, and a quart of cookies and cream out of the freezer. With those in our now full basket we left the store.

Pulling up to Tegan's house we grabbed all the bags and walked in, making sure to kick our shows off by the door.

Tegan's house was only slightly smaller than the Tearins. However, Tegan's house was always spotless. Most of the floors were hard wood. With the exception of the bathrooms and kitchen which were tile.

"Let's get this party started" Tegan screamed as she ran into the kitchen. As she put all the good that we just bought into bowls, I was tasked with setting up the living room.

Taking off all of the couch cushions and throwing them on the floor. I moved the coffee table and the couches out of the way. Running down the hall to Tegan's room I grabbed all of the pillows and blankets off her bed and added those to the floor of the living room.

With the living room set up and food in there respective bowls we started our first movie. We were halfway through Despicable Me when Tegan asked the question I had a feeling she was going to ask all night.

"So what's going on between you and Easton?"

Uncapping my marker I quickly wrote down me answer. 'There is nothing going on with me and Easton, other than the fact that we are friends.'

"Umhmm sure"

'Okay, we kissed once, he asked me out, I said I wasn't ready yet and that was it.'

"WHAT!?!? YOU GUYS KISSED AND HE ASKED YOU OUT?!?! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!?!?" Tegan screamed.

'About a month and a half ago, I don't know.'

"Why is this the first time I am hearing about this?"

'Because I knew you would act like that.' I wrote pointing at her.

"Okay I get it, but at least tell me what it was like."

'What, what was like?'

"The kiss you nitwit! What was the kiss like?!" She shouted again smacking me in the back of the head for my stupidity.

'First of all, OUCH! And second of all the kiss was just a kiss.'

More pain shot through the back of my head as she smacked me again. I have some really violent friends.

"There is no way it was just a kiss, I have never seen or heard of Easton kissing anyone. And let's face it he is extremely hot. So spill."

'Okay, okay, it was amazing, but I'm just not ready for a relationship and all you know it's too soon.'

"I understand, I just can't believe he kissed you this is huge."

'Okay enough about me. What is going on between you and Derrick?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello people,

I am sorry once again for the very late update, I have had a busy summer. Please forgive me. So this chapter seemed kind of boring to me what did you think. Please comment with thoughts.

Question: what is your opinion of Ashlynn and how can I make her better?

Comment with your answers everything helps.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Thanks for reading,

~L3xi