Chapter 26

The house was quiet for about an hour after I got home. I was sent home due to obvious reasons, so everyone else still had the hour and a half left in the day.

When the boys did get home though it was quite obvious. First the sound of car doors slamming shut, then the front door. Seconds later pairs of feet could be heard sprinting up the stairs, and next thing I know there are six boys ranging from eighteen to ten struggling to he the first one through my front door.

Rounds of oh my gosh is it true, and are you okay flood out of their mouths at rapid pace. Ignoring their questions for a split second I grab my white board off the night stand next to my bed. On it I write the answers to their questions. 'Yes, I punched Tamara in the face. I'm fine, I got suspended for a week and I'm grounded for three weeks.

When I looked back up at the boys, I found them all staring back at me. Turning my white board around I let them read it.

"Three weeks!" Cried Derrick and Easton in unison. I just nodded my head and layer back down on my bed staring at the ceiling, like I had been for the last hour.

Taking that as a sign that I didn't want to talk about it, most of them left. Muttering amongst themselves about how they couldn't believe that I punched someone. When I looked back at my door, only Derrick and Easton remained. They seemed to be having quite the discussion, but due to their hushed voices I was unable to comprehend what was being said.

Moments later I heard the door to my bedroom open, and looked up to see Derrick closing the door behind him. Leaving me alone with Easton.

Sitting up in my bed, I swung my feet so they hung over the edge of my bed. Walking over to me Easton held out his hand, placing my much smaller one in his he pulled me up and led me to the bathroom.

He motioned for me to sit on the sink counter before grabbing a washcloth from one of the drawers. Running it under warm water he took my right hand gentle in his and placed the cloth over my split knuckles. They weren't cut up bad, but it still hurt a little to put the cloth on it.

"You at least hit her hard right?"

I don't know what I was expecting Easton to say, but that wasn't it. I was thinking more along the lines of asking why? Or if I was okay.

"Well?" He questioned as he removed the washcloth from my hand. I just shrugged my shoulders, and nodded my head. It's not like I knocked her out or anything like that, but I'm quite certain she will have quite a shiner on her eye.

"She deserved it Ashlynn. You don't need to feel guilty about it, and let's face it, if you're going to hit someone, hit them hard."

*****

I was once again sitting in the silver Volkswagen Passat that my dad owned when he was still living. The same car I was sitting in when I lost my voice, and lost my dad. The only difference is this time I knew what was going to happen next.

"Dad move off the road, were doing to get hit!" I screamed, but my dad didn't react at all to my voice. He still had the happy, care free smile that he had been showing all day on his face.

"Dad please listen to me, move out of the way." I tried again, this time with tears streaming down my cheeks. It may have been the first time I was able to hear my voice, but my father once again didn't respond.

Seconds later I saw my fathers grin drop, I knew what was going to happen next. When we collided I expected to black out like I did in the actual thing, but I was definitely conscious.

My father had blood running like streams down his face. I tried to call out to him, to scream at him to wake up, but a searing pain consumed my neck and my voice got stuck in my throat.

I could hear the sirens but they seemed so far away. Hands pulled me out of the maze of metal, but I could barely feel them.

Seconds after I was pulled out, the car itself caught fire. Trapping the body of my father, and best friend inside, and leaving my an orphan.

I forced myself awake only to feel tears stream down my cheeks, and a sharp pain in my throat from trying to use my non existent voice.

The clock on my bedside table read 2:56am, knowing that the second I closed my eyes nightmares would once again plague mind. So instead I pulled the thick blanket off my legs and left my room.

As quietly as I could, I made my was to the stone staircase that lead to the third floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

I'm going to update a day early. We actually had a snow day here, so yay for that. I personally wasn't the biggest fan of this chapter, please tell me what you thought.

Question: How's life been lately?

Comment

Vote

Follow

Fan

L8r,

~L3xi