Chapter 13

The accident continued to play over and over in my mind. It only got worse when my eyes were closed, that second before collision was almost tattooed to my eyelids.

Tamara had left, and Tegan had stopped struggling against Derrick. As for me, it just got worse.

My breath became rapid and uneven, and black spots danced across my vision. I fell to my knees, or at least I would have if Easton hadn't caught me.

"Ash, are you okay?" He asked, his tone laced with concern. I didn't answer. The last thing I remember before blacking out was Easton picking me up, and saying something about taking me home.

*****

When I woke up again, I was laying in the middle of my bed, more tired than I was when I woke up the first time.

Sitting on the white nightstand next to my bed was a glass of water, and my phone. Grabbing the glass of water I checked the time, and almost spit the water out.

2 o'clock, I had been out for almost six hours. You would think I wouldn't be tired.

I was sitting there in shock, when I first heard the voices. They were coming from outside my door and were really quite loud.

"You have to go, we have to see it it has gotten worse" a voice that sounded like Embers said.

What has only gotten worse? Who is she talking to?

My second question was answered when someone else spoke. Even though I had only heard his voice a number of times, I would've able to recognize it anywhere. Okay that made me kind of sound like a stalker.

"I don't care mom, MRI's suck, and I feel fine." Easton's deep voice shouted back.

How did it take me so long to hear them? They could like wake the dead, and why does Easton need to get an MRI?

While I was still deep in thought Ember responded, but it was too quiet for me to hear.

There was a quite knock on my door about a minute later. I debated pretending to be asleep, but everyone knows that never really works.

My door opened and in walked a slightly frustrated looking Easton. He seemed a little taken aback when he say that I was awake.

"Did you hear any of that?" He asked me.

Slowly I nodded my head.

He immediately stiffened and his eyes became guarded. I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that he doesn't want to answer questions.

After a few awkward moments of silence, Easton took a deep breath and sat on the foot of my of my bed.

"I will answer your questions soon, just not right now okay." Easton said in defeat, it really must not be something he likes to talk about.

I just nodded my head.

"So... how are you feeling" he asked seeming a little uncomfortable, honestly it was kind of cute.

With a shrug of my shoulders, I typed the word 'tired' into my phone, and sent the message to him.

When his phone rang he pulled it out of his pocket. A tiny smile spread across his face. He really doesn't smile enough. I mean my dad just dies and I can't talk, and I think I have smiled more than he has.

"That's normal after a panic attack."

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking water, or Easton would have been really wet.

Panic attack? I had a panic attack!!

Taking one look at my bewildered face, Easton laughed. The sound sent the zoo stampeding through my stomach. His rich laughter was captivating.

"It happened when Tamara confronted you." anger filled his eyes.

"The things she said were just uncalled for, you father loved you. I just really wish I could have done something about it, but Tegan beat me to it."

A devious grin played across my lips. 'we could always get her back' I messaged Easton.

When he read it, a matching expression crossed his face.

"What exactly did you have in mind Ash?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,

Sorry it took so long for me to update. I've been a little crazy with soccer, drumline, and school. Tell me what you think. This honestly didn't feel like my best chapter. What do you think is wrong with Easton? How are they going to get revenge on Tamara? Comment with your thoughts.

Question: What do you think would be the best song to slow dance to?

I might use one of those songs later in the story. When I do there will definitely be a shout out.

This chapters shoutout goes to Reecie7. She is currently writing a story of her own. She only has one chapter though. I encourage you to read her story and help me bug the crap out of her until she updates. Her story is called 'Change'.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Thanks,

~L3xi