Chapter 21

Tegan was acting a little weird when she dropped me off at the Tearins house the next day. I mean she is always a little strange and the fact that we were up until four in the morning didn't help, but this wasn't your usual tired weird.

I just shrugged it off if she wanted to tell me something she would. It was currently 2 in the afternoon. Any other day after staying up until the wee hours of the morning I would still be asleep, but Tegan said that she had something that she needed to do. So here I was pulling into the driveway of the house.

Saying goodbye to Tegan and for her to text me later, I hopped out of the car and walked up to the front door.

When I walked inside the house was completely quiet. Living with seven boys and it being a Saturday this never happened. Not even Kian was running around like the wild and energetic child he was.

Walking upstairs, I knocked on all of the boys doors. No one answered. Deciding that no one was home I walked into my room. Only to find none other than the energetic ten year old sitting on the end of my bed.

He was dressed in a light green button up shirt and a pair of black pants. In his hands he held a red rose, with a crisp white piece of paper attached to it. When Kian saw me he jumped off the bed.

"Lynn I was told to give this to you" the said handing me the red rose. It's sweet sent filled my nose. The note attached to it read.

The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
Ashlynn,
I see you found the first note of the journey you are about to under take. I hope you agree to what the surprise at the end is going to be.
Your next clue will be at the place where this all began, the place where you found out you were mute. I'm sorry for the pain this might cause you, but there will be someone there to help you through it.
Good luck

The note it's self nearly brought tears to my eyes. I have to go to the hospital.

After changing into a simple mid thigh length white dress with a brown leather belt, and putting on a pair of brown leather flip flops. I grabbed Kian's hand and led him gown the stairs.

Waiting outside for me was a sleek black stretch limo. My jaw hit the ground. This is what I was going to be ridding in. Stepping into the door that was being held open for me I sat down on the soft cream colored seats. Kian sat across from me.

"Where too Miss Ashlynn?" The driver asked in a polite manner. Writing the words 'To the nearest hospital' on my board I handed it to him through the open window. With a slight nod of his head he started the car and took off down the street.

Arriving at the hospital I was even more emotional that I was reading the first note. Taking a deep breath I pushed open the door and stepped into the hospital. Standing at the receptionist desk was Derrick, wearing a deep purple shirt and a soft pink rose.

Handing me the rose I took off the note before handing the rise to Kian to hold.

You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.
Ashlynn,
I see you have made it to the second note. Please wipe the tears from your beautiful face.
Now I hear you had a pretty late night last night, it's time to become a stereotypical white girl and get some coffee.
Don't worry Derrick is paying.

Wiping away the tears that ran down my face at the memories of the last time I was in the hospital. We headed back outside

Time to be a stereotypical white girl and get some coffee is what is said, and there was only one place I could think of.

Who's up for some Starbucks.

Turns out the closest Starbucks was just down the street from the hospital. So we walked instead of taking the limo. The scent of coffee filled my nose as we walked in.