Chapter 14

Easton's POV

There are three things you should remember when getting an MRI.

1. Stay completely still, and don't move.

2. Make sure you don't have anything medal on, or it will be ripped off of you body.

And number 3. Make sure you have something other than the results to think about. If you don't, your brain immediately goes to the worst case scenario.

For years the first two have always been simple and easy to follow, the third not so much. However, as I was laying there today my mind was somewhere else completely.

It was still thinking about the worst, but it wasn't about results, it was about Ash.

She was obviously still in pain from her dads death, that was proven when she had the panic attack. The things Tamara said to her were just plain cruel.

When she woke up and heard mom and I arguing, I had said that I would tell her. Now I wasn't so sure, would she ever speak to me again?

As these thoughts were swimming through my brain, I didn't feel the board I was on move until some one touched my shoulder. Causing me to jump about six inches. I opened my eyes to find my mom standing next to me.

Taking off the headphone thingies they gave me, I thanked the doctor before heading out the door.

The ride home was silent, both mom and I were lost in our own thoughts. Hers were most likely about the results, where as mind wondered back to Ashlynn. the clock in the car read 3:45 which meant everyone should be home from school.

Pulling into the drive way, mom shut off the car and got out. I followed after a few moments. Walking through the front door I ignored all of the hopeful looks my family was giving me. This happened every time I came home from the hospital. I hated it.

Walking up the stairs, I headed towards my room only to stop just outside of Ashlynn's door.

My hand was knocking softly on her door before I knew what I was doing. Pushing open the door I walked into her room.

Looking up from her laptop, she patted watched as I sat down I in her desk chair.

Within seconds my phone dinged signaling I had a message. 'Where were you? Why weren't you at school today?' The text read. I didn't even see her pull out her phone.

"Nowhere important" I responded in a monotone voice.

'I don't believe you, if it wasn't important, your family wouldn't have tried to avoid answering me all day.' My new text said.

"It's none of your business Ashlynn!" I snapped, getting to my feet.

She looked down at her hands. With a sigh, I ran my hand through my hair, and sat down.

"Sorry Ashlynn, I shouldn't have been so rude. To answer your question I was at the hospital."

Her eyebrows narrowed in confusion. No doubt wondering why. Taking a deep breath I looked into her gray eyes.

"My kidneys are failing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonjour,
Tada she finally found out what was going on. What did you guys think? Where any of you expecting it? How do you think she is going to respond? Comment with your thoughts.

Question: What kind of food would you want to eat on a date?

Comment with your answer.

Comment

Vote

Follow

Love ya,

~L3xi