Dream Job and City

Sanvi s POV

We have finished with the internal exams and this Saturday our project group decided to meet to solve the server issue.My project group consists of me obviously, Shweta and Ketki.Apart from them Priyanka, Siya and Spruha are also from my girl gang.

So we decided that we will meet at a cafeteria in Margao.As planned I reached at the spot at 10:00 in the morning and was waiting outside. But as usual they called me to inform that they will be late. I sighed and decided to visit my uncle who is working in SBI which is just next to the cafeteria.

I went inside and saw he was busy with some people. He gestured me to wait for sometime. I was keenly observing the working culture of them as it has been my childhood dream to join this bank. My uncle has been my guiding source. At first I had decided to join commerce after 10th but my uncle suggested me to go for engineering as banking now a days are going digital and engineering will help me to lear the concepts and stay updated.And when it comes to hiring they are preferring candidates with technical background.

I was waiting patiently outside his cabin. I saw people exiting and he called me in.

" Good morning uncle how are you ?" I greeted him.

"I am absolutely fine but I see that you have become really busy. You haven't visited us from such a long time.Your grandma misses you all a lot. So tell me how come you are here?"

"Actually I had come in the cafeteria next to the bank to meet my friends to do some project work. They informed me that they will be late so thought of seeing you".

" Oh thats great, also I wanted you to inform that next year our bank is conducting exams, you need to register for that on our website. Registration will start soon."Uncle informed.

" Oh uncle actually there is this new field coming up of data analytics. I was thinking of doing MBA in business analytics. Your bank too has vacancies., I had seen on Glassdoor.So I was planning to join as a data analyst here."I told him my plan

" Look Sanvi I am aware that in coming decade data analyst will be in demand and I am not saying no but you should understand that colleges doesn't meet the industry needs. It's a harsh truth. I would suggest first join SBI and work at front desk at branch level for one or two years as you will understand the actual functioning of the bank and get the real picture and simultaneously do online MBA from upgrade or Great Lakes. Then go for promotion as a data analyst.Nobody is interested what certificates you have.They are looking for people with domain experience and skills.Interviwer will obviously prefer someone from inside rather than hiring a pass out fresher from college."My uncle enlightened me with the information.

" And besides you can even pay your MBA fees on your own.Belive me it's a great feeling to be financially independent."He said smiling to me.

" Ok uncle that sounds good. I will discuss with maa and papa"I assured him.

" At what time you will be finishing your today's work?" He asked me.

" It will take whole day probably " I said un assured.

" Oh in that case come with me in the evening at home, your grandma misses you a lot. Don't go without meeting her.Dont wory I will drop you home. I also haven't met my sister for so long ." He requested and I agreed.

I bid my byes to him as I know that he is a busy man and waited for my friends in the cafeteria itself.

They came after sometime with puppy faces for being late and started blaming each other. They and their bickering.

" Stop stop stop.We need to finish with issue today itself as next week is our project demo with our external guide.They became serious after hearing me and after placing some orders we headed to the library section of the cafe to do our project.