Farewell of love?

Siddhan's POV

Hackathon...! What an event it was.Soon after fun week campus interviews started and to get our hands on the best students we conducted interview before other companies came for placements.

Amit and Amrita insisted me to join for the oral interview so that it would help me to assess candidates during the technical round too.

We all had to dress formal but we made sure that the interview is not going to be formal rather it will be fun chit chat sessions so that the candidates should not be stressed and nervous.We don't want them to go through any pressure. Not only for interview but also in our company I want them to work without pressure because it's a company right? and not a pressure cooker.

We all went and set in the room where interviews were supposed to take place.First candidate came in and even though we knew him personally we asked him for brief introduction.

" My name is Satvik......and bla bla bla bla.."
He started giving his introduction and we were trying hard to be serious but at one point Amit lost his controle and started laughing...making all of us laugh too..

" Guys be serious" Amrita shouted.

" No serious business here...you can chat with us like friends. Now tell me genuinely what are your dreams Satvik and what inspired you to join engineering."I asked him casually.

" More than me it was my parents dream to see me as an engineer. My parents are not that educated Siddhan. My father could study only till 10 th and had to give up studies after my grandfather's death. He had to do small jobs here and there to support his family. My mother too could study only till primary. They wanted to give me everything that they couldn't get."

I was happy that he could be himself infront of us and boy! the situation became bit senti.

" Your parents will indeed proud of you Satvik" Amrita said genuinely.

" Now should we discuss some technical concepts here?" Amit asked him few basic concepts.

Meanwhile I went through his resume.My main focus was on their performance
during hackathon. I asked him questions based on that only.

Similarly we conducted interviews of many candidates for various roles.

We were happy that they could share their stories behind joining engineering as well as their future plans.

It didn't feel like interview.

But the most happening thing was their willingness to join a startup company like us was the casual work culture. Some even said they just want to join our company because Amit and I won't go bossing around.

Few wanted to join because we were offering remote and hybrid work.

But few really needed job to repay their education loan and support their families.

Now some serious talks. We have few projects in our hand and accordingly we have shortlisted few candidates and the next round will be technical round which will be taken by me.

And the main event of the day was Sayali coming for interview of software tester . Yes ,we wanted to give fair chance to everyone. And if she wanted to join our company she had to go through the interview procedure.

The day went well and we got really good candidates. And those we couldn't select we offered them internship in case they don't get placed in any of the companies during placements.

It was overall new experience for us.

After reaching home I logged into my YouTube channel and shared my today's experience.