Chapter 11

I woke up to the sound of Elizabeth giggling. I walk to her to see she's playing with one of her dolls. Smiling, I pick her up and hold her in my arms.

I couldn't help but crack a smile, knowing she's okay and happy makes me happy. It's just what being a mother is like.

I hear shuffling of the blanket and sheets behind me where Caroline lays. It's not long after, I feel her warm arms wrap around my waist.

"Good morning." She mumbles in a sexy, raspy, morning voice.

"Good morning." I turn in her arms and give her a quick soft kiss on her lips.

"Do you ever consider telling your brother about us?" I look at Caroline semi shocked that she brought that up out of nowhere.

"Jesse doesn't know how to keep a secret." Caroline laughs softly.

"You know, he might surprise you." I sigh and nod my head.

"I will, I'll tell him today at school." Caroline nuzzles her head against my shoulder and neck.

"Why don't you invite Alice and Jesse over for dinner after you tell Jesse today?" I smile at her idea and nod in agreement.

"Okay, but if we're planning on going to school we need to get dressed and ready." Caroline groans and whines, making me laugh softly at her.

"I'll get Elizabeth ready and get her fed while you shower and change." Caroline just stands there, smirking at me.

"You're sexy when you start throwing orders around." I roll my eyes at her and nudge her toward the bathroom.

"Come on beautiful." I put Elizabeth in a pair of pink tight like pants, and a long sleeve white top that says 'mummy's girl'.

One she's dressed I take her out to the kitchen, to my surprise Alicia is already there, making some breakfast.

"Good morning." She greets, a wide grin on her face.

"Morning, do you mind passing me the baby food?" She nods and takes the baby food from the cupboard.

"So, when you're at school, where does Elizabeth go?" I glance at Alicia as I feed Elizabeth.

"She goes to my sister, Alice's." She nods her head and goes back to cooking.

"Hey, I'll finish feeding her, go have your shower now." I look up to see Caroline next to me, she's out of the shower and ready.

I smile and peck her lips softly, walking away to the bathroom to shower. It's seems like today is taking forever to start, meaning it'll take even longer to end.

I walk back out to see Alice has arrived. I smile and go down stairs with Alice to her car. About a month back, Caroline and I thought it would be best if Alice dropped me off at school in stead of car pooling.

I mean, I do have a car but it's been out of service for a month, I get it back this weekend. The mechanics basically had to build me a new car.

"Good morning Pippi." I smile and walk to Mr Gonzales' desk, hugging him.

"Morning, have you seen Jesse?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's sitting at the back."

I look to the back to see Jesse, or a figure of jesse, he's got on a baggy, black hoody which is covering his face too. I smile and thank him, walking to the back where my brother is.

"Hey Jesse." I greet, hugging him.

I hear him wince as I hug him. I look at him worriedly. Before I can say anything he starts talking.

"I'm fine, just leave." I look at him as if he has two heads.

"You're my brother, I'm meant to look out for you." I say softly.

"You stopped looking out for me when you moved in with Mason." He snaps back.

"That's not true, I've sent you money, I've talked to you and asked how you are when I see you around school. and I didn't move in with Mason." I say softly.

"Then where have you been living?" He asks. Not once has he lifted his head to look at me.

"I've been living with Caroline." He finally looks at me, I can feel the lump rising in my throat at the site of his face, I can't see all of it but I can see enough.

"Ms Flinch." I say in a whisper.

"What, do you two are a thing?" I nod my head waiting for a response.

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?" He asks annoyed.

"I didn't know how you would react." he sighs and shakes his head.

"I just want you safe and happy. That's it." I nod my head and hug him again, this to softly.

"Jesse what happened?" I ask worried.

"Dad found me, I can't stay there anymore." I can feel my stomach turning at the thought of dad.

"Move in with Alice. I don't want you getting hurt." I say softly.

"But she has the kids." I sigh.

"She's offered before, its time to take up that offer." I say in honesty. Jesse nods his head in agreement.

"Tonight, if you're up for it, we're having dinner at out place, Alice will be there and so will Caroline's sister, Alicia." Jesse smiles.

"A whole evening surrounded by girls." I laugh softly and nod my head.

"But yeah, I'll come." he says giving me his warm smile.

"Hey does Alejandro know?" I shake my head.
"Well don't you think you should tell him? I mean he's been bugging me for information about you and Mason because he's worried." I smile and look up at Alejandro.

"He's a worry wort." I say with a laugh.

"Yeah he is."

"I'll talk to Caroline, see what she thinks." Jesse nods his head and rests his head on my shoulder.