Chapter 12

For the rest of the day I felt like I was being watched. I know why, because I know that dad is back which was proven by my father beating Jesse.

I walk into Caroline's classroom during recess with Jesse next to me. He sits down in a seat and puts his hoodie down.

His face has been swelling and getting worse. Dad had gotten to Jesse this morning before school so he had no time to ice it.

Caroline look at Jesse and gasps. She's by his side I a matter of seconds with her emergency first aid kit. She takes out an instant ice pack and activates it. Handing it to Jesse to put on his face, especially his left cheek since its swelling badly.

As she does, I lift up his hoodie and top slightly to inspect his ribs. I sigh and get his to sit up a little more so I can wrap one of the bandages around his torso.

Caroline takes a few wet, antiseptic wipes to wipe away the dry blood from his face. Soon though, we both stop and look at Jesse with weird expressions as he chuckles.

"Being patched up by two girls. Most men would kill for this." I roll my eyes.

"One of them is your sister and the other is your teacher and your sisters girlfriend Jesse." I say in a definitive tone.

"I know. I'm just saying most guys would love this. Though, I would love this if it were Jennifer Lawrence and Megan Fox." I flick his ear for the perverted comment. He winces slightly but laughs as he runs his ear.

I can see a smile on Caroline's lips from the corner of my eye. She hasn't really seen me around Jesse. And she definitely hasn't seen us act like this.

"So what happened?" Caroline finally asks the million dollar question.

"Does she know about our parents?" I look at Jesse and bite my lip as he asks me.

"Yes and no. I was pretty vague." Jesse nods.

"Well, our dad is recently out of jail, and he found me at my student accommodation this morning and decided to pay me a visit." Caroline closes her eyes, takes a deep breath through her nose and clenched her jaw shut.

"This father of yours...do you think he may know where you go to school?" Jesse nods his head.

"I think so. I've had this feeling like someone's watching me all day now." I nod my head in agreement.

"Yeah so have I to be honest." Caroline just looks over at me and takes my hand in hers.

"Do you think I should call Alice to pick you two up this afternoon to be on the safe side?" I nod my head.

Even though Alice drops me off, Caroline usually takes me home herself. And since we are all going back to her house, it's better that Alice comes to get us if dad really is following us.

"Have you asked about Alejandro?" Jesse asked.

"No, I haven't." I answer.

"Who's Alejandro?" Caroline questions us.

"Mr Gonzales. He's a family friend." Jesse interjects before I could answer.

"I didn't know that. How do you two know him and his wife?" I smile.

"Alice." Jesse and I look at each other with a smirk as we said it at the same time.

"Anyway, what did you want to ask about him?" Jesse looks at me to answer her question.

"Well, Jesse had asked if Alejandro knows about...us, and when I said no, he said that I should tell him because he's been worrying and because he cares. I said I'd talk to you about it." Caroline bites her lips and sits back in her chair.

"Well, if you trust him, I think you should tell him. I mean, this relationship isn't just left down to what I want and what I don't want. I trust your judgement." I smile and lean over her chair, softly pressing my lips to hers.

I can feel her smile through this relatively short kiss. I sit back down properly in my chair and take out my lunch, handing Jesse some of my food since he hadn't time to pack any lunch.

"So, are you going to find new accommodation?" Caroline asks Jesse.

"I don't know. Alice said I can live with her but she has kids to look after." Caroline nods her head in understanding.

"Why don't you stay at ours? The spare room has been cleared of boxes now and my sister is only staying for a few more nights." I smile at Caroline and squeeze her hand that's interlaced with mine, as if to say thank you.

"I don't want to intrude." Caroline waves him off.

"Nonsense, I wouldn't have offered if I thought you were intruding." Jesse nods shyly at her offer.

I lean into her, pressing my lips softly to her cheek before moving them to her ear, whispering 'I love you' softly to her. She smiles and winks at me in return.