Chapter 18

"Okay, well you can go home today, but you are on bed rest for those ribs of yours." The doctor says with a smile. I smile and thank him, Caroline by my side, her hand in mine.

"I'll give you time to get changed. Once you are, I need you to sign discharge papers. They will be at the nurses desk." He said. I nod my head and watch as he closes my blinds and the door for me. I turn to Caroline, biting my lip.

"I might need some help getting dressed." I say as my cheeks flush. She smiles and pecks my cheek softly.

"That's okay." She says. She gets up and grabs my clothes for me, handing it to me as I sit on the bed.

"Could you undo my gown?" I ask.

She gives me a smile and walks behind me to undo it. I bite my lip hoping she won't comment on my scars. I know we've had sex but having sex is all in the moment kind of stuff, she hasn't been up close and personal to my scars. I flinch slightly as I feel her hot lips against one of my scars. She turns back to me with a weak smile but doesn't say anything. I take the gown the test of the way off. I put my bra and top on without assistance but as I go to bed down to put my pants on, I get a sharp pain and gasp.

"It's okay, let me." Caroline says. Before I can protest she bends down and helps me get my feet into the pants before rubbing them up. I stand up once she's near my arse. Biting my lip as my cheeks go red with embarrassment. I shouldn't need help getting changed. Once they are set on my hips I do the button up and zipper.

"You shouldn't be ashamed." I hear Caroline's soft voice say. I hadn't made eye contact for the last ten minutes that I've been signing my papers and walking to the car.

I don't say a word, I hear her sigh before she takes my hand in hers and stops me from working. She presses her lips to mine, taking hold of my hips. I wrap my arms around her neck instantly, she pulls me closer as her lips move with mine, our bodies are pressing firmly against each other.

"I love you, so stop feeling ashamed that you needed help. It's not even your fault you were put in that position." I sigh and rest my head against hers.

"I don't deserve you. I'm broken, I'm a teenage mother, I'm your student and I have an abusive family. And you're so sweet and gorgeous and understanding. It's hard for me to be able to get over my little insecurities." I say honestly. She smiles and cups my cheeks, pressing her lips lightly against mine again.

"I'll be here and I'll love you with or without your little insecurities." I smile and hug her, her arms wrap securely around me.

She takes my hand in hers and leads us to her car. It doesn't take long for us to get to our home. She opens the door and when I walk in I see Mason, my baby girl, Alejandro, Jesse and Alice. I smile and hug them one by one.

I take my girl in my arms as we sit down having dinner. Caroline had organised this all. I also was shocked to see Alejandro seeming as though I hadn't told him about Caroline and me. Apparently Caroline had told him about us after I was injured.

As much as it pains me to think of why they had come over, I can't help but be blown away, knowing that I have so many people that are here for me.