Chapter 2

"I need to go to work tonight. You know where the spare key is right?" I ask Peter as I drop him off at his house.

"Yeah, thanks for this" I nod and wait until he's by his front door before driving home.

"Work tonight ha?" Jesse asks as he comes out of his room with Elizabeth in his arms.

"Yeah, only a four hour shift tonight. Starts at eight so I'll be home around 11:30. How much money do you need?" He shrugs.

"Just fifty, just need to get groceries" I nod my head and pass him fifty as well as another thirty for dinner tonight since he's looking after Elizabeth for me.

"I'll be back" Jesse nods. I kiss Elizabeth on the forehead.

"Be good for uncle Jesse" She smiles up at me with those beautiful big eyes of hers.

When I walk into the strip club I have Hal an hour to get ready. Walking backstage I get changed into my skimpy outfit and put n my wig and eye contacts. Once I've finished changed my appearance I'm called onto the stage. My skimpy denim shorts that rip off, the barely sovereign my boobs, crop top and with a bra that only covers my nipples and a G-string that leaves pretty much nothing to your imagination.

As I walk the floor I see a few familia faces. Make teachers from school and the odd student. This strip club is popular, that's why I make sure I look nothing like who I am when I walk out into this stage. It's bad enough knowing I'm turning them on without them knowing it's me. I'd hate to think what their reactions would be if they saw it's me behind all of this.

Once my four hours is up I have about two grand in tips plus my two hundred for the shift from my boss. I wipe off the make up and get changed back into my normal clothes. There's nothing I won't do for my daughter and she needs medication. She's epileptic. I need all the money I can get and this is the last year of school for me so I need to save up for a bond on an apartment or house.

"So this is wear you're working?" I groan and turn to Mr Gonzales.

"Why are you here Alejandro?" I ask him annoyed.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay. So I went to your room but you weren't there. Peter told me the address of your work. I can't believe you're doing this! if you need help you know you can come to us" I sigh and shake my head.

"Alejandro, I need to do this my own way. It's just until I have enough money to put down a bond on an apartment" He shakes his head.

"I know there is something you aren't telling me. You only need about two grand for a bond on an apartment and you made that in one night" I shake my head and look away from him.

"Tell me" His voice a soft whisper as he takes hold of my arms.

"Elizabeth has epilepsy. I need to pay for her medication" I don't look up at him while I say this. He sighs and brings me in for a hug.

"I'd offer you money but I know you won't take it. Let me get you a proper job. I have some mates in high places, some need new secretaries. They are willing to pay a lot" I hesitantly nod my head.

"Okay but I'm not quitting until I actually have the job" He nods and says his goodbyes as I get into my car.

On the way home it starts pouring down. As a result, I can barely see and end up slamming into another car. I feel my body jerk and the whip lash of the seatbelt stopping me from going forward. Great, now I need to pay for any damage on that car and my own. With a sigh I hop out of the car and run up to the drivers side of the other car. My breath catches as I see Ms Flinch behind the wheel of the car. Her forehead is bleeding.