Chapter 4

It's been a few weeks and Ms Flinch hasn't been the same. She seems to always be deep in thought and se won't meet my eyes with hers. Elizabeth has been placed into hospital because of the epileptic fits so my mind is always on about my daughter.

"So are you going to see her tonight?" I look up at Peter and nod my head.

"Yeah, Mason wants to talk too" I say softly.

"He's always been a good guy. Don't shut him out. You guys need each other now more than ever" I nod my head and sigh.

"Are you okay?" I shrug.

"Not really. She's my baby girl and I can't imagine how she feels" I say softly with tears brimming my eyes. I look up to the front of the class and see Ms Flinch watching us. A soft, sad expression on her lips.

Do you want me to pick you up from school? - Mason

I read his text and sigh. I guess it's a good idea. I'll give Jesse the lays to my car and get a ride with him.

Yeah thanks Mason - Pippi.

"What's that about?" Peter asks looking over my shoulder.

"Mason is going to pick me up this afternoon" Peter smiles.

"Good, you need him more than you're letting on" I roll my eyes. I don't need Mason, I just need someone to hold me and tell me she'll be okay. It doesn't matter who, if I had a choice it'd be Ms Flinch. I look up at her, sighing as I see a frown on her lips.

"I'll see you later Peter" I mumble as the bell goes.

I walk out of the class, ignoring Ms Flinch's voice calling for me to stay behind. After afternoon homeroom I wait for Mason outside the front of the school. I can't get Elizabeth out of my head. My popor baby girl left all alone at a hospital, she's probably in a heap of confusion and pain. I don't realise I'm crying until I see Mason's face in front of me as he pulls me up to stand and wraps his arms around me, letting my cry into his shoulder.

"It's okay, she'll be okay, I promise" I nod my head as it rests again his chest.

If you're wondering why Mason doesn't attend school, it's because he's already out of school. he's twenty-three now. I know he's older than me but I loved him and a part of me still does.

"Come on, let's see our babygirl" I nod my head and walk with him, his arm wrap over my shoulder as we walk to his car.

"Hey babygirl" I say as I see my Elizabeth.

"Mummy" She calls. I pick her up and hug her close and tight to me. Mason has his hand on the small of my back.

"Daddy" She says happily when she sees Mason. Mason smiles and takes hold of her hand.

By the end of the day, Mason drives me back to my place. I miss his company, I miss being in his arms and knowing everything will be okay with him by my side. When we get to my door I turn around to face him. Elizabeth has to stay in one my night at the hospital.

"Do you want to come in?" I ask him, biting my lip softly.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude" I smiel and shake my head.

"You're not intruding" I assure him.

I let him in first, when i get in and lock the door I turn to him, he moves his body close to mine, so I'm trapped between him and the door. I can feel my breath hitch as he holds onto my side, caressing my skin under my uniform top.

"I've missed you so much" He murmurs softly before pressing his lips against mine. I moan and kiss him back with just as much passion as he put into this kiss.