Chapter 22: Valeriy Ayers - Kitchen Sink (Part II)

.

.

.

His hold tightened just a fraction before he let go. He shoved his hand into his hoodie pocket, mirroring his cybernetic.

Sending one more smile, I walked out of the store and headed straight for Victoria's Secret. 'And that takes care of Bucky.'

My fingers flew across my phone screen, setting up an alert perimeter for Bucky around H.M.V. if he were to leave the area. Slipping on my glasses, I scanned through the security cameras in the lingerie shop with one lens.

The other lens was set on the hallway around me, forcing me to navigate in third person. Gave me a view of everything around me without having to turn my head.

By the time I reached the lingerie shop, my stomach churned at the disorientated floaty spin my brain assumed the floor under my feet was doing.

'Hmmm, the four day break undid some neural pathways. Will have to get back into the habit of navigating via cameras.'

I had to free up some of the lens space to drop a tracker on one of the employees who would close up tonight. Needed my actually vision for that delicate task.

'And that takes care of my signal.'

Easy enough to slip past the people in the changing rooms, picking the lock of one of the doors for some privacy to get a blond ponytail wig situated on my head. A short pause for an employee helping out a customer later, I raced for the attached hotel while controlling their cameras. The elevator lobby, stairs and service elevator to keep an eye on who goes up.

Then a quick capture of empty footage to loop over any I would have popped up on. The elevator lobby, the elevator and the hallways.

'No signals coming out of the room. So they don't have remote senses here,' I noted while trying not to rip off the gloves I pulled on. They kept any fingerprints and D.N.A. to myself.

They'd never know I was inside this room.

The lock took a few seconds to get past. A couple seconds longer than if my dominant hand wasn't twitching from the electric current running through the pins that kept my bones in place. Another second was spent returning the lock cover to normal.

On my way in, I pulled up the scarf to cover my head. Just in case something of me might be left behind. If they found out I was in here, that'd make them utterly useless to me.

'No cameras and no mics. They don't have surveillance in their own room...? Probably paranoid of Eve in case her chains are loosened. Don't want to risk it, huh? No fun.'

One eye swept the meticulously neat room with two beds. The other kept an eye on various camera feeds.

'Ex-military... again....'

They were all ex-military. Mercs.

Nothing hidden in the bible or any of the drawers. Not even between their underwear.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I pulled up a holiday selfie of two kids with the old man Bucky clocked as Hydra in front of a window.

'Hmmm.... five windows right and two floors up... that seems about right...?'

Going by the view in the picture and from outside of this window, the room should be around there. So tempted to poke around that room as well. See what I could find out about Hydra without Eve's lens changing random details that were probably extremely important. Like their bloody damn logo.