Chapter 10: Bucky Barnes - Reflections in the Windows (Part IV)

.

. ** .

.

"What the actual flying fuck!?! Did they bloody weld the entire fucking bottom!?!" Valeriy seethed, and I half expected a foot in the face in her mad attempt for more leverage.

The pliers slipped for the twelfth time, sending her backwards. I managed to grab onto her wrist with my good hand before she crashed into the wall and floor. Flopping onto the bed, she grumbled into the sheets.

"Are you sure you broke all the tacks?" I asked, hoping that she'd calm down. Her frustration could cause a slip in judgment and set off the whole house.

"Yuuup. There's too much movement for it to be welded down.... I've got no idea why it's bloody stuck like that.... Eve?"

"I have nothing to add. I haven't figure it out either."

Valeriy sat up. A large frown on her face before it turned to confusion. "The hell? It's all twisted.... God damn it, you've got to be shitting me."

She went back into the arm with the pliers, twisted her hand, and lifted out a thumbnail sized box.

"That was... easy...."

A little circular nub with a notch stuck out of the bottom of the box. The feature that kept it attached in the arm. Rather amazing that it held up to the young woman's abuse.

Valeriy set the first device against the box and grinned. "Yup, they combined the tracker and explosives. That's one less thing to deal with."

"That little thing is able to take out this house?" I questioned, trying to wrap my head around that. It's so small.

"Yup," she chirped, opening a metal container, and dropping the bomb inside. "Let's make quick work of the other thing before getting the viruses out."

She got right down to marking the placements of the plates, removing them, and setting them aside on the night table in their proper places.

Gingerly, the arm was draped over her knees. A laser cutter made quick work of the weld tacks. A twist of the tweezers pulled out another tiny box of explosives.

A beep confirmed that another tracking devices were removed. Took a total of a ninety seconds flat opposed to the half hour of screaming with the first bomb.

"Alright, all things that go boom are in the safety box," Valeriy announced, slamming the lid shut. "Eve will have these far far away by this time tomorrow. Probably use them to have Hydra chasing their tails."

"You can't use those," I blurted out, pleading to the camera in the corner of the room. "The people transporting the trackers. They'll be tortured to get to me. You don't know what Hydra can do. The things they'll do to get what they want. Your people won't be able to handle it.... It'll be a mercy if they don't survive...."

Valeriy lightly wrapped her fingers around my arm. "Bucky... Eve's Pup–people, they'll be fine. They have Eve."

"You have no idea who these people are! They're everywhere! You can't beat them!"

"But they're spread thin, scrambling with what's left of SHIELD and others for the upper hand. After their failed genocide, they desperately want you back. Your skills and reputation are valuable, the Winter Soldier. Almost everyone who's anyone is looking for you. Revenge. Induction. Whatever it is, I am the only one outside of this house who knows where you actually are, Mr. Barnes, which means I'm not spending anything on trying to find you.