Chapter 32: Valeriy Ayers - Game Floor (Part V)

.

.

.

"I can see why this is preferred over a regular steering wheel or yoke." Bucky pushed, pulled and turned the ball into a fancy little semi drift. "It's intuitive."

"I like this a lot better than yokes and game controllers. Easier to break the jets with this."

"...Break the jets."

"Yeah, I usually end up tearing off the wings in testing."

"...Tearing off the wings...."

He did not approve of that. Not one bit if his massive frown was saying anything. But it's so much fun to break the jets.

The rover slowed to a stop. Blue eyes darted from the window to me to the ball, back to me, and then his hand slid to the bottom of the ball. Bucky pushed the ball up and we took flight.

It set off another bout of giddiness from within him.

The flying rover only made possible by Eve's rendering skills and her patience to humour the young man.

'I think... I'm going to keep quiet on the fact that we don't have flying cars....'

Even though Cupcakes threw a few billion dollars at that project, fueled by some conversation with the man currently flying a rendered car.

Another curious thought had Bucky sending us into a fucking aileron roll. "This is amazing!"

"How 'bout I send us off into deep space? A spin on the hologram fun from some weeks ago."

Once Bucky broke through the dusty clouds, we were surrounded by glowing orbs. Just for me, Eve added reflective 'dust' to fill the darkness of space with multicoloured clouds. Enough that I wouldn't fall into the past.

What's left of our weight disappeared. The only thing keeping us from floating was the seatbelts.

"Can I go outside?" were the first words out of Bucky's mouth. His hand already on the door's latch.

Instead of a worded answer, the rover up and turned into dust around us.

Laughter peeled out of me.

Bucky's limbs were flailing about gracefully with the breaststroke and going absolutely nowhere. He tried freestyle next. Still stayed in the exact same spot.

And then the little pink tip of his tongue poked out of the corner of his lips.

'Concentration mode: activate!!!'

"Space doesn't ha-hahaha-have anything to push on!" I giggled out, hoping to stop moving my aching ribs.

"I had my fun. I'll let you have the ability to swim through space."

And that was when Bucky stopped with the swimming.

"How do I feel weightless?" he asked, waving his cybernetic arm about, and with Eve's new adjustment, his body wiggled from side to side.

"There's no gravity in space or air pressing down on you."

"But how? We're not actually in space."

"No more believing in the magic, I guess. Pity."

"We're... uhh... underwater?" I answered.

That only brought out more adorable question marks on his face, and Eve, being the total ass that she was, had rendered actual question marks floating about behind his head. They were growing in numbers. Rapidly.