Chapter 27: Valeriy Ayers - Oreos (Part III)

AN: I... should probably put a TRIGGER WARNING on this. Warning in Comment.

.

.

.

"There's no death and destruction this time, Bucky. I'll be back before the hour's up," I assured with a smile.

Those blue eyes of his dropped to my lips, narrowing in doubt. Worry weaved together his brows. Unhappiness tugged down the corner of his lips.

If only he'd accepted the craziness that made up my life, he'd have fewer headaches. His own problems gave him more than enough already.

"I'll be here when you're finished," he stated, face turning away. A tap of the space bar started up the lecture, ending the conversation quite sharply.

With a shrug, I slunk my way to my room.

"I'll be back before the hour's up," Eve mocked with my voice in surround sound. "Really now? You think you can get Odinga to keep his yapper shut in thirteen minutes?"

"Depends on how brutal I decide to be, doesn't it?"

The smile on my face couldn't be helped with the excitement pumping through my veins.

Makeup would take too long, so I slapped on the octo mask thing. Let Eve deal with the pimple on my forehead.

Got to be flawless when I was being the Ayers' daughter pawn thing.

I grabbed the first sleek dress I came across in my closet and slipped into it while I decided on which plan I felt like playing out.

"Eve? Mind rendering the Dollhouse?"

"...Are you sure?"

"Why not?"

"It's unnecessary."

"Since when do you care about Odinga?"

"...Not him I'm worried about."

"Might as well be done with dumbfuck once and for all."

Eve gave a soft sigh. "Stainless steel or princess?"

"Hmmm.... Let's play princess. He always saw me as that."

Twisting that image he knew me as, that's going to be fun.

"Ready when you are."

I quickly fixed my hair up to match everything else. A messy floof and a flip, letting the waves naturally curl around my face and shoulders.

"Channel your inner happy princess, Val," I joked to myself, carefully draping my body over a giant beanbag. Legs lounged out to the side. Even tucked a few pillows under my arm.

"Happy princess my ass."

Eve would work her rendering skills and magic me onto a fancy Greek kline couch instead of the beanbag I was half sunken into.

"Make the damn call."

The artificial ringtone echoed about my room, and my thoughts couldn't help but drift to the cracks in my ribs. I could feel them strain and part. They did not like this position. But everything had its reason. A part to play.

"Val, darling. I was hoping to see you grovelling at my doorstep, not over a skype call. I expect more respect than this."

I forced out a giggle, tipping my head to the side. "Oh, Hamadi. This call, for your sake, shall be the last you see of my face."