Chapter 27: Valeriy Ayers - Oreos (Part IV)

AN: Same TRIGGER WARNING.

.

.

.

Well then.

"Don't you recognise one of these faces? I know they're a little difficult to make out after I fed them their eyeballs and whatever else is missing. Most of them prefer the toasting laser we have yet to bring to market. It does quite the amazing job of cooking thinly sliced meat. They don't much like themselves raw."

Another involuntary gag from the man.

"But back on topic, Hamadi. Do you really not recognise this one's face? Honestly, that one's the original owner of the mansion you're in. Your missing warlord of a brother! It'll be such a lovely family reunion!!"

I clapped my hands together in happy excitement, ignoring the pain that shot up from my right hand.

So easy to read when he recognised his childhood hero. How his body tensed, shifting between outrage and terror. So dumb that he hadn't noticed Eve's changes to the face of the doll next to me as I was talking. Straight up changed the skin colour.

"Hasani!!" the man screamed, trying to get his brother's attention. "Hasani!!!"

"He can't hear you. I've long punctured his eardrums. He hasn't heard a thing in years."

"You – !!!!"

He huffed and puffed as if he ran a long marathon, sweat dripping off his chin.

"I do hope you open your mouth. Matching sets are so much fun! Oh you'll love it here. If you piss us off enough, I'll even add your children in. Wouldn't be at all difficult to collect each and every bastard child you hid away. Make a mini collection out of the lot of you."

The man was a menace to all in his life but one young girl he carefully hid away from the rest of the world. A young girl given to him by the love of his life from before all this twisted the brothers into what they were now.

No doubt she was the price too high for him to pay.

And I knew exactly where she was.

"Jamali's food tastes just like home, doesn't it?" I teased, grinning wider at the pure horror on his face.

Like every person before him, he danced the same when the Dollhouse came into play. Only took a little nudge to shattered them so completely.

Hamadi glanced over his shoulder at the door, expecting people to come in already. But they won't until I was finished with him.

He pressed the barrel to his head. His finger desperately pulled the trigger over and over again. Instead of the sweet death he desperately searched for, Odinga only managed to burn the side of his face.

'Rather dead than risk talking, huh?'

But we wanted him more alive than dead. May come in use some day.

"Hey now. Don't do that. It's hard to tell matching sets when half your face is all messed up. Then again, I can just do the same with Hasani. Now where did I put the blowtorch? Maybe I'll just have them save your gun and load it with blanks. Save me the trouble of trying to create the scars with a torch on the lot of you," I mused, tapping my chin lightly.

I reached out slightly behind me, pretending to stroke the cheek of "his brother" with the back of my hand. Eve did a wonderful job of animating the frightened struggle of a man missing his voice box and left only with this sense of touch and smell.