TWO

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

Chapter Two: Mischief Deal.

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

         "COME on man," She laughed, hitting the man walking beside her in the shoulder. "Lighten up some!"

He glared harshly at her. He swiped his suit jacket off, turning his attention back to the red trough bridge the two of them were walking over. "I'm not going to 'lighten up'. You should be taking this more seriously, Demon Hunter."

She rolled her eyes. "Japanese people are such stiffs," She muttered, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her gray jacket. "So where the hell are we even at? Butt-fuck-nowhere?"

"Watch your language," Nathan snapped, turning his head to glare at her. "This is a historical village. You need to show some respect. Or at least act like it."

"I don't have respect for anything," She hummed, reaching up and plucking a leaf from a tree as they passed under it. "And if you expect me to give you my services, I suggest you stop bossin' me around."

"If you expect even a cent—"

"I could walk away right now and not give a shit about any of these victims," She said, bringing her steps to a halt. "I'll leave this little village to suffer until every single person ceases to exist."

Nathan once again scowled at her. She wondered how he still came back to her for help, even with the attitude she'd always given him. She could tell that he wanted to shout at her, but whatever he had in his mind, he kept to himself. She knew that he wanted this to be over for these people.

Now, she would have killed this demon either way, but it was fun to fuck with people and make them mad.

"Act respectful," He huffed out, turning on his heel as he walked away from her, missing the sly grin that played on her lips as she followed. "I'm taking you to the most recent victim's house."

She looked at the small houses; could she even call them that? They were more like huts. There were racks next to some of the houses, pieces of meat and pelts strung out to dry in the sun. This village must have kept in the older times, and haven't adapted to more modern things.

"Quaint little town," She muttered to herself, before talking so the man could hear. "You're sure people aren't just leaving to get out of this place? I know I'd want to leave."

"No," He said, glancing at his phone before looking around. "That's not the case. I can swear to you."

"Hm."

Walking in his shadow, her eyes narrowed. Something felt off about this village. She felt the lingering presence of a demon, but it wasn't strong enough for her to immediately recognize it. It had been here, but not recently. She guessed in the early night. It was almost midday now.