SIXTEEN

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗

Chapter Sixteen: Not A Momma's Girl.

╚⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╝

SHE woke up to a soft voice calling out to her. She flinched in her sleep, slowly waking up from the anesthetics she'd previously been under. She opened her eyes reluctantly, her eyes flickering around the room. She wasn't in the hospital anymore.

"I was starting to think you were dead,"

She rolled her head over to the side. Gojo was sitting in a chair—he'd taken it from the kitchen table and drug it in here—beside the bed. He sat forward when he met her gaze over the rim of his glasses.

"You took me back to your apartment?" She questioned, her voice grainy. She was still groggy.

"No other place to take you," He replied, watching as she carefully sat up in the bed.

Despite how careless she was before, she felt the pain from her injuries now and was careful not to irritate them. She looked down at her right hand, which was tightly wrapped in a white cast up to her elbow. She winced at a harp pull in her side.

"Fiu de cățea, asta doare," She hissed, adjusting herself on the bed. She rubbed the back of her neck.

"What's with the sudden Spanish speaking?" Gojo asked.

"It's not Spanish," She muttered. "It's Romanian."

"How many languages do you speak?" He wondered.

"Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, English, Korean, French, Italian, Romanian," She listed. "Oh, and Spanish."

"Why so many?" He asked.

"You have to know a basic dialect of wherever you're going," She said, moving the blanket to the side. "I'm the last demon hunter, so I'm everywhere."

"Well for now," He said. "You're staying in that bed."

"Says who?" She scoffed. "You?"

"Nope," He said, motioning behind him. She saw a pair of crutches leaning against the wall and looked down to see a brace over her entire left leg. She closed her eyes and exhaled heavily.

"I fucking hate you."

"Hey, I'm not the one who jumped off a cliff," He shrugged.

"I didn't jump," She argued, watching him move around the room. "I was shoved off."

"Guardian wasn't a fan of you?" He asked, tossing her a shirt.

She caught it in her left hand. "Yea. I guess you could say that."

"Put that on," He said. "You're kinda sitting there in your bra."

She looked down. "What the fuck happened to all of my clothes?"